If you have dependent children, you could receive a potential award of:
- Maximum award of £12,000 per household depending on household income, living circumstances and timetabled hours.
- Asylum Seekers (FE Courses only): £92 per week
- Higher Education students paying fees: £105 per week
Both further and higher education students with dependent children are eligible to apply for childcare funding.
Awards are offered as a contribution towards the costs of registered childcare required for timetabled classes only. Childcare providers must be registered with the Care Inspectorate to qualify.
Higher education students must have taken the maximum student loan in order to qualify.
This award is means tested against your partner's income and your unearned income. For instance, the childcare element of Working Tax Credits. Awards will be reduced where your partner's income is above £30,000.
It is vitally important that you provide the correct documents so you can be assessed for the correct award.
To apply for funding, please provide the following documents:
- Birth Certificate or Passport
- Wage slip/ Benefit award
Spouse / Partner's Income:
- Proof of benefits
- Tax Credit award notice
- Universal Credit award notice
- Birth certificate(s) of dependent child
- Bank details of childcare provider