To qualify for this funding, you must be up to 26 years old, have experience of being in care at any time or are currently looked after. If you can prove this status, you could recieve a potential award of:
- Bursary Maintenance of £202.50 per week
- Travel Award
- Study Expenses
- Tuition Fees.
This award is not means tested.
It is vitally important that you provide the correct documents so you can be assessed for the correct award.
To apply for funding, please provide the following documents:
- Birth Certificate or Passport
- Letter from Social Work or a similar Public Body detailing care experience
- Current account details
What qualifies as Care Experienced:
- Foster care
- Kinship care
- Residential care
- Complusory Supervision Order with no condition of residence (looked after at home)
- Complusory Supervision Order with a condition of residence (looked after away from home).