Our online payment system is currently down

Skip to Content

Married/Living with Partner

If you are married or living with your partner, you could receive a potential award:

  • Bursary Maintenance of £125.55 per week
  • Travel Award
  • Study Expenses
  • Tuition Fees

This award is means tested on your spouse/partner's income and/or your unearned income.

Please note: if your spouse/partner's income is over £20,643 then a reduced rate may be paid or a NIL award made depending on income.

Documents Required

It is vitally important that you provide the correct documents so you can be assessed for the correct award. 

To apply for funding, please provide the following documents:


  • Birth Certificate or Passport

Student Income:

  • Wage slip/ Benefit award 

Spouse/Partner's Income:

  • P60s
  • Proof of Benefits
  • Tax Credit award notice
  • Universal Credit award notice

Proof of living circumstances:

  • i.e. Council Tax Notice, Bank Details

Dependants (if applicable):

  • Birth certificates of dependent children

*Travel Award

National Entitlement Card Scheme - Young Person's Free Bus Travel (all under 22 year olds)

All students under the age of 22 years are now entitled to apply for free bus travel. Find out more and apply for the young persons free bus travel scheme.