- Langside Campus
- SCQF Level
- SCQF Credit Points
The National Progression Award (NPA) in Cyber Security provides knowledge and skills in data security, digital forensics and ethical hacking – providing a skills pipeline into the Cyber Security industry. .
This course is designed to raise awareness of cyber security and fill the current skills gap in this field. You will learn how to improve your cyber hygiene and resilience, and enable you to identify security vulnerabilities safely, legally and ethically. It will also help you to contribute more safely to virtual communities.
Completing this course will prepare you for further studies and future employment in this area.
On successful completion, you will achieve a National Progression Award (NPA) in Cyber Security.
National Progression Award is made up of three SQA units of study:
- Data security
- Digital forensics
- Ethical hacking.
You must have a clear interest in the subject area, along with:
- Three passes at National 5, one of which should be Maths
Target Year Group S5 and S6
You will attend college on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons from 13.30 to 16:00
Successful completion of this course, along with good attendance and commitment you will be given the opportunity of internal progression on to one of the following courses at Glasgow Clyde:
- Higher National Certificate / Diploma (HNC/D) Software Engineering with Emerging Technologies
- Higher National Certificate / Diploma (HNC/D) Infrastructure with Cyber Security
The entry point (level you would study) would be dependant on the level and relevance of your other qualifications.
After studying the HND Cyber and HND Infrastructure, Glasgow Clyde have a pathways programme to BSc Year 3 entry to Glasgow Caledonian University for Cyber and Networking.
Employment Routes / Job Areas
You may go on to obtain an entry level job or further training, including Modern Apprenticeships in the computing industry after completing the NPA.
How to Apply
When you click on the Apply button you will be redirected to create an application account for your chosen Senior Phase course.
- Use a personal email address and ensure your password is something that you will remember.
- You will receive an email asking you to confirm your account. This will take you to the application form.
- you will receive a link to the application portal within each email you receive - please use this link to track your application