- SCQF Level
This course is designed to raise awareness of Cyber Security and fill the current skills gap in this field. It will encourage you to improve your cyber hygiene and resilience, and enable you to identify security vulnerabilities safely, legally and ethically. It will also help you to contribute more safely to virtual communities. This will prepare you for further studies and future employment in this area.
The aim of the award is to develop knowledgeable and skilled individuals who are aware of the potential misuses of, and unauthorised access to, computer systems but who use these competences for legal and ethical purposes.
The National Progression Award (NPA) in Cyber Security will be delivered at SCQF Level 6 and provides a skills pipeline into the Cyber Security industry.
National Progression Award is made up of three SQA units of study:
- Data security
- Digital forensics
- Ethical hacking.
- 3 passes at National 5, 1 of which should be Maths
- a clear interest in the subject area
Tuesday and Thursday afternoons from 1.30pm to 4.00pm.
Delivered from August 2020 to April 2021.
Successful completion of this award may allow progression to:
- NC Digital Media Computing SCQF Level 5
- NC Digital Media Computing SCQF Level 6
- NC Information Technology
- HNC/D Computing
- HNC/D Computer Games Development
- HNC/D Information Technology
- HNC/D Computer Networking
- HNC/D Interactive Media or Multimedia