- National Progression Award
- SCQF Level
The Beauty and Complementary Therapy Skills course at Glasgow Clyde College will give you a broad introduction to this area of study. Practical and theory sessions are designed to ensure you develop both vocational skills and the knowledge and understanding required. Practical experience (dependant on any close contact restrictions) will include working on classmates to practice and perfect a range of skills including skin cleansing and nail artistry, make-up application and both back, leg and facial massage. Written work will include completing workbooks, short tests, projects, portfolio production and home study. Emphasis throughout all units is on the employability skills and attitudes which will help to prepare you for the workplace.
- Cosmetology: Make-Up Artistry Practical skills
- Creative Finishes to Hand and Foot
- Beauty Skills: An Introduction
- Fashion Make-Up
- Introduction to Face and Back Massage
- Introduction to Thai Foot Massage
To achieve the NPA Group Award you must successfully complete the three mandatory units listed, (although you will study both the optional units in addition).
- Have a keen interest in beauty industry, spa and complementary therapies
- Team work and having a caring, approach is expected of all participants
You will be required to work on each other so must be prepared to apply massage techniques and to model for these treatments, remove make up and have it reapplied and participate in learning of skin care approaches.
Tuesday and Thursday afternoons (1.30pm to 4pm). The duration of the course is August to April.
You might go on to do:
- A full time NC in Spa Therapies, Wellness or Beauty Therapy
- VTCT Level 2 or 3 diploma in Complementary Therapies
- National Certificate & Higher National Diploma in Beauty Therapy or Make Up Artistry