Beauty and Complementary Therapy Skills
- National Progression Award
- SCQF Level
Express your creativity in make up and nail artistry - combine these with the art of traditional head, facial and back massage techniquies as a means of stress relief and well-being development. Part of the learning skills in the field of Beauty and Complimentary Therapies is appreciating the health and safety implications of any treatments you learn as well as an understanding of the effects of treatments and when it's unsafe to facilitate a Beauty treatment.
This course is an ideal launch pad for a career in this vibrant and fast growing industry. Written work will include completion of a workbook and short tests as well as portfolio production and home study. Emphasis is placed upon the employability skills and aptitude of the industry to prepare you for the workplace and further study.
- Cosmetology: Make-Up Artistry Practical skills
- Creative Finishes to Hand and Foot
- Beauty Skills: An Introduction
- Fashion Make-Up
- Introduction to Face and Back Massage
- Introduction to Thai Foot Massage
To achieve the NPA Group Award you must successfully complete the three mandatory units listed, (although you will study both the optional units in addition).
- have a keen interest in beauty industry, spa and complementary therapies
- enjoy working as part of a team and have a caring approach is epxected of all participants
You will be required to work on each other so must be prepared to apply massage techniques and to model for these treatments, remove make up and have it reapplied and participate in learning of skin care approaches.
Tuesday and Thursday afternoons (1.30pm to 4pm). The duration of the course is August to April.
You might go on to do:
- NQ Beauty or Spa Therapies
- NQ Make Up Artistry
- NQ Hairdressing
- HND Beauty Therapy and eventually BSc Integrative Healthcare
- Following completion of further training you can be employed in a Beauty Salon, Spa, Cruise ship, Nail Bar or you may wish to open up your own business.