- National Progression Award
- SCQF Level
Do you have an interest in the games inductry? This introductory qualification is designed to teach you how to write computer games.
This course consists of three topics: media assets, design and development. The media assets part of the award focuses on finding and capturing digital media that could be used within a game, such as sounds, images and videos, and customising these assets to fit into a game. The design part of the award focuses on creating a plan for the development of a computer game. The development part of the award focuses on writing code to actually produce the game.
In this course you will:
- Research various games types and platforms and discover what makes a game playable
- What components make up games and what is required for different playing platforms
- Design a game based on your understanding so far
- Create a set of objects to be used in the development of a game including characters, backgrounds and sounds
- Further design your game to include behaviours designed to enhance game play
- Create a playable game and publish on the internet
- Computer Games: Design
- Computer Games: Media Assets
- Computer Games: Development
It is envisaged that pupils will be working at the senior phase of the curriculum and have clear interest in the subject area.
Tuesday and Thursday afternoons 13:30 – 16:00
- A one year national certificate (NC) in computing at a further education college
- NPA Computer Games Development Level 6
- NC Digital Media Computing at SCQF Level 6
- NPA in Digital Media Production at SCQF Level 6