- Skills for Work
- SCQF Level
Are you currently working in school at National 5 level or above? Are you interested in working with children aged 0-12 years? Are you are interested in a career in the following areas;
- Child Development Officer
- Early Year’s Practitioner
- Play Worker
- Play Assistant
- Primary Teaching
Glasgow Clyde College can offer you an introduction to the basic knowledge and skills required to prepare you for further study leading to potential employment in the Early Education and Childcare sector. The course is designed as an Introduction to Early Education and Childcare at Intermediate 2/ National 5 level and will help you understand some of the demands and responsibilities for working in this sector.
- Play in Early Education and Childcare
- Development and Wellbeing of Children and Young People
- Care and Feeding of Children and Young People
- Working in Early Education and Childcare
You must have or be working towards National 5 or equivalent. It is envisaged that pupils will be working at the senior phase of the curriculum and have clear interest in the subject area.
Tuesday and Thursday afternoons 13:30 – 16:00
A one year full time National Certificate (NC) or National Qualification (NQ) in Early Education and Childcare at a local college of Further Education. In addition, NQ Playwork and Childcare.
Employment Routes / Job Areas
- Child Development Assistant (Modern Apprenticeship
- Playworker (following additional qualfications)
- Child Development Officer (following additional qualifications)