Fashion and Textiles Modern Apprenticeship
Are you looking to train a young employee interested in working within the Fashion and Textiles industry?
Modern Apprenticeship programmes offer the chance for students to gain a recognised vocational qualification in Fashion Textiles. The cost of training is fully financed by Glasgow Clyde College, with funding from Skills Development Scotland (SDS). All you need to pay is the young person’s weekly wage.
SVQ 2 (SCQF Level 5) Sewn Products
- Cutting materials
- Manufacturing sewn products
- Producing samples
- Repairing and alterations
SVQ 2 (SCQF Level 5) Textiles Manufacturing
- Preparing textiles for manufacturing
- Producing textile products
SVQ 3 (SCQF Level 6) Bespoke Cutting and Tailoring
- Making measurements
- Preparing materials
- Bespoke fitting
- Handcrafted basting
SVQ 3 (SCQF Level 7) - Manufacturing Textiles Products
- Servicing textile machinery and equipment
- Producing prototype samples
- Product development
- Finishing Process
Teaching methods and assessment
All our programmes are delivered using a wide range of teaching techniques and are continually assessed by written, on-line and oral assessment or by practical work.
The cost of the training will be fully financed by Skills Development Scotland. Please apply through your current employer or through self-funding option.
Careers or further study
Successful completion at SVQ Level 5 may progress to
- A relevant SVQ at SCQF level 6 or 7
- An HNC/HND in Fashion Design and Manufacture or Fashion Textiles
- Employment in the leather goods production, textiles manufacturing or cut, trim and make sectors
Work-based assessment with the view of completion within 2 years.
For further information or to apply please email email@example.com