Assessor Award L&D9DI
The Assessor Award L&D9DI Unit (formerly A1) for assessors mirrors the National Occupational Standards (NOS). These standards for SVQ assessors are the benchmark qualifications for assessors across all occupational areas.
This is not for assessors who assess qualifications such as one-day courses, classroom delivery etc. Please see the non-SVQ qualifications on our website.
What will I learn?
This L&D9DI Unit is for those who assess in the workplace using a wide range of assessment methods, both direct and indirect. The person wishing to achieve this Unit will use the following direct methods:
- Examination of work products (both created and not created at the time of observation)
They may also be involved in authenticating indirect evidence such as:
- Discussing with learners
- Testimony of others (witnesses)
- Examining learner statements
- Assessing learners in simulated environments
- Recognising Prior Learning (RPL)
Programme delivery and assessment
Delivery is remote and online.
The qualification will involve an initial induction and introduction to the course followed by regular one-to-one meetings with your assessor. Timescales can range from 3 months to 18 months.
You will be given access to the college online platform CANVAS to help with your studies.
Entry requirements (minimum)
Any learner wishing to undertake the award will require the following in place before starting the course
- Two learners working towards an SVQ or other work-based qualification/unit
- Provision for Internal Verification and support for the qualification you are a specialist in
- Someone to internally countersign your assessment decisions