Assessor Award H290 (Non SVQ/classroom assessor)
- Distance/Online Learning
- SCQF Level
- Start Date
- Various start dates
- Qualification Type
- Units only
- Course Type
- Flexible Learning
- 1/2 day induction + 3 visits @ workplace (12 months completion time)
This Unit is for assessors who are assessing learners in a classroom or other off the job training environments such as training centres and workshops.
It is not for those who are assessing SVQs or other qualifications that are assessed in the workplace (who should undertake the Units L&D9D or L&D9DI).
You should have a good understanding of the assessment cycle, i.e. preparing for, planning, and carrying out assessment. This may have been gained through already having had some involvement in the teaching/learning and/or assessment processes.
What will I learn?
You will gain this Unit by providing evidence of your competence as a practising assessor covering:
- Agreeing assessment arrangements with learners
- Conducting assessment with learners
- Reviewing evidence and communicating assessment decisions to learners
- Contribute and conform to internal quality assurance requirements
Programme delivery and assessment
Delivery is remote and online.
The qualification will involve an initial induction and introduction to the course followed by regular one-to-one meetings with your assessor.
Timescales can range from 3 months to 18 months.
You will be given access to the college online platform CANVAS to help with your studies.
Entry requirements (minimum)
Any learner wishing to undertake the qualification will require the following in place before starting the course:
- Two learners working towards a suitable non work based qualification
- Provision for Internal Verification (IV) of the qualification
- Someone to internally countersign your assessment decisions
- Evidence of ongoing CPD activity in relation to the subject/qualification