Verifier Award L&D11
The Verifier Award L&D11 Unit for internal verification of workplace assessment is for verifiers to mirror the National Occupational Standards (NOS). These standards are the benchmark qualifications for verifiers across all occupational areas. The internal quality assurance process being conducted by the internal verifier can be for SVQs, work-based qualifications or in-company standards.
Please see the non-SVQ qualifications on our website if you will be verifying other qualifications.
This Unit is for those monitoring assessment processes and decisions within an organisation and helping to maintain and improve the quality assurance systems.
What will I learn?
The types of activities the internal verifier training will include:
- Preparing to carry out internal quality assurance
- Planning internal quality assurance
- Carrying out planned internal quality assurance
- Providing the organisation with feedback, advice and support to help them maintain and improve their assessment practice
- Meeting appropriate external quality assurance requirements
To achieve this Unit the internal verifier is required to carry out the monitoring activities defined in their organisation’s quality assurance procedures in accordance with appropriate external quality assurance requirements.
Programme delivery and assessment
Delivery is remote and online.
The qualification will involve an initial induction and introduction to the course followed by regular one-to-one meetings with your assessor.
Timescales can range from 3 months to 18 months.
You will be given access to the college online platform CANVAS to help with your studies.
Entry requirements (minimum)
Any learner wishing to undertake the award will require the following in place before starting the course:
- Two assessors working towards an SVQ or other work-based/in-company standards with at least two learners each
- Provision for a qualified Internal Verifier (IV) to assure your activity