Verifier Award H291 (Non SVQ/classroom IV)
This Verifier Award Unit is for verifiers who are internally verifying the assessment processes and practice in a classroom or other off-the-job training environments such as training centres and workshops.
The internal verifier qualification online course is not for those who are internally verifying SVQs or other qualifications that are assessed in the workplace (who should undertake Unit L&D11).
What will I learn?
You will be asked to provide performance evidence of your internal verification practice which will include:
- Prepare to internally verify the assessment process
- Arrange and conduct internal verification of the assessment process
- Review and standardise assessment practices and procedures
Programme delivery and assessment
The internal verifier training delivery is remote and online.
The qualification will involve an initial induction and introduction to the course followed by regular one-to-one meetings with your assessor.
Timescales can range from 3 months to 18 months.
You will be given access to the college online platform CANVAS to help with your studies.
Entry requirements (minimum)
Any learner wishing to undertake the qualification will require the following in place before starting the course:
- Two assessors working towards an a classroom or other off-job training qualification with at least two learners each
- Provision for a qualified Internal Verifier (IV) to assure your activity
- Evidence of ongoing CPD activity in relation to the subject/qualification