Are you a Veteran or someone who has left the Services?
- We recognise the team working, problem solving and communication skills you have
- We know the training you have received in functional skills, physical resilience and team work
- We value you
But how do you get on to the next step?
We want to help you…
Returning to education can sometimes seem scary, but we offer a wide range of courses to support you to develop the skills and qualifications you need to get work or make your next steps into education.
We will offer you a guaranteed interview if you state that you are a veteran or have been in the armed services in your application form. Please remember to tick this box in the application form.
What can I study?
Here are some of the subject areas we offer courses in:
- Engineering (Systems, Electrical, Mechanical and Manufacturing), Construction & Construction Management, Joinery, Plumbing, Painting and Decorating, Automotive, Welding
- Computing, Software Development, Web Development, Cyber Security
- Horticulture, Landscape and Greenkeeping
- Business, Finance, Administration, Accounting and Events Management
- Sports Fitness, Sport Science and Sports Coaching
- TV, Media, Journalism, Acting and Dance
- Music, Sound Production, Musical Instrument Making
- Healthcare, Social Care, Childcare and Occupational Therapy
- Sciences, Biotechnology and Social Sciences
- Catering and Hospitality
- Fashion, Textiles, Art and Graphic Design
- Hair, Beauty and Complimentary Therapies
- Access to Police (evening)
What if I have few or no qualifications?
We specialise in helping those who need to build their confidence and want to gain the essential skills needed by employers and for you to be able to progress. It doesn’t matter if you have no qualifications at all, we can help you to get into education and gain the skills you need.
We offer Adult Return courses, for those 18 or above, to help you to get back into learning, develop your confidence in returning to study and to provide you with careers advice to help you to decide where you would like to go to next.
- FastTrack to Futures: An introductory course which offers English and Maths at Level 3 along with a range or practical and project based activities.
- Gateway to College: Would building your qualifications and skills help you to achieve your career ambitions? Gateway to College is a short full-time course that focuses on achieving National 4 qualifications in English and Maths while preparing for a vocational area of choice in the college.
- Adult Return to Study: Are you an adult wanting to return to education? Our NQ Adult Return to study course will help you refresh your basic skills, improve confidence levels and access careers guidance, before applying for further education.
If you would like more information and support in choosing the right course and the application process, contact our Student Advice Team E: firstname.lastname@example.org or T: 0141 272 3636