Every year, students volunteer with us to gain work experience and transferable skills. There are a number of ways you can get involved with GCCSA to help us create a thriving college community.
At the beginning of each academic year, GCCSA always run an election to elect a new Student Executive Team who work hard on behalf of all the students of Glasgow Clyde College.
The Executive Team is a group of student volunteers voted in by their fellow, who work together to represent all students. There are several roles and each Executive will focus within that specific area as well as also supporting each other by providing wider ideas of how GCCSA can help improve the college for students. This team will work to empower different groups of students, providing opportunities, events, and experiences to the wider student body. They will also work hard to protect your rights as a student and they have the power to affect the decision making of college staff.
A Class Representative (class rep) is a student who represents their class, fellow-students and any student here at Glasgow Clyde College.
They are the first link between students and staff. Class Reps ensure that academic staff and support staff are listening to and engaging with students to improve their experience.
Clubs and Societies
Every year we look for students to start their own clubs and societies, which we can help to support. Just let us know what you’d like to do and we can help you get it off the ground!
If you have any suggestions for anything that would benefit your, or your classmates’ student experience, please contact us: GCCSA@glasgowclyde.ac.uk
Keep an eye on the GCCSA noticeboards cross campus to see what clubs or societies are being run by students and head along to get involved!
Why should you volunteer for any of these posts?
- You can gain experience to add to your CV which can improve your future job prospects
- You will gain access to class rep training to help you within your role
- You will learn and develop skills in communication, campaigning, team-work, public speaking and negotiation
- You will help to run events, gaining planning and management skills
- You will have the opportunity to new friends and socialise with your peers
- You can ensure the student voice is heard and help shape the future for positive change at Glasgow Clyde College