Video recording of Coaching Sessions for Assessment Purposes
Glasgow Clyde College takes its data protection responsibilities seriously. The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to inform you how we will process your personal information, setting out our responsibilities and obligations as a Data Controller.
The Data Controller for your information is Glasgow Clyde College, 690 Mosspark Road, Cardonald, Glasgow, G52 3AY, registered with the ICO, registration number Z7497735.
All your personal information will be treated in accordance with data protection law including the Data Protection Act 2018 and the UK General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
For any queries or concerns about how your personal data is being processed you can contact the Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
The College will use your personal data for the following purpose(s):
Students will record a video of their coaching session using a locked-down College device (e.g. iPad). This will be returned to the College for assessment purposes before the footage is deleted.
The footage may include children they are coaching, members of the organisation and/or members of the public present at the work placement.
Our lawful basis for using the data is/are:
- necessary for the performing a task in the public interest or under official authority vested in us
If you were to withhold the personal information we require for this process, the consequences would be:
- We cannot assess the student’s coaching as part of their course work
Your data will, or may, be shared with the following recipients or categories of recipient:
- College staff for assessment purposes
This process does not involve your data being sent outside of the European Union.
Your data will be retained for the following length of time:
Related Privacy Notice(s):
Under data protection law, you have legal rights in relation to your information, including:
- your right to be informed of how your data is being processed, (as in this privacy notice);
- your right to access and obtain a copy of your data on request, often referred to as a subject access request;
- your right to ask an organisation to change incorrect or incomplete data;
- your right to ask an organisation to delete or stop processing your data under certain circumstances;
- your right to object to the processing of your data under certain circumstances;
- your right to data portability and in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply. Further details about your privacy rights can be found on the Information Commissioner’s Office website www.ico.org.uk
If you would like further information about how your personal data is processed by the College or you have any concerns, please contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO) in the first instance at email@example.com
If you are dissatisfied with the response, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office using their website https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/ by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 0303 123 1113. Alternatively, you can write to:
Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
We review our privacy notices regularly.
Last reviewed March 2021