Personal Relationships at Work - Privacy Notice for Staff and Students
Glasgow Clyde College takes its data protection responsibilities seriously. The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to inform you how we will process your personal information, setting out our responsibilities and obligations as a Data Controller.
The Data Controller for your information is Glasgow Clyde College, 690 Mosspark Road, Cardonald, Glasgow, G52 3AY, registered with the ICO, registration number Z7497735.
All your personal information will be treated in accordance with data protection law including the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
For any queries or concerns about how your personal data is being processed you can contact the Data Protection Officer at email@example.com
The College will use your personal data for the following purpose(s):
The College must provide a framework for the professional management of personal relationships. This means that when employees or an employee and a student over the age of 18 years enter into a personal relationship, they must inform their Line Manager, who must then inform HR. The purpose of processing this information is to ensure that:
- all employees are protected from unfair allegations of misconduct or inappropriate behaviour by other staff and students; and
- all employees, students and other clients benefit from fair and professional interactions at the College at all times.
The personal data collected will include the full name, staff or student number and department or course of those involved in the personal relationship. This information will be used to identify where there is a conflict of interest in relation to line management or, where a student is involved, assessment, and to allow necessary steps to be taken to ensure fair and professional interactions are maintained.
Personal Relationships at Work Prodedure
Staff Privacy Notice - https://www.glasgowclyde.ac.uk/staff-privacy-notice
Student Privacy Notice - https://www.glasgowclyde.ac.uk/studentprivacynotice
Sources of information:
The data being processed is provided by the data subject (member of staff or student).
Our lawful basis for using the data is:
- necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party.
The data being used does not include special category (sensitive) data.
Your data will, or may, be shared with the following recipients or categories of recipient:
Your Line Manager, who will then share the information to HR.
This process does not involve your data being sent outside of the European Union.
The processing of your data does not involve automated decision-making.
Your data will be retained for the following length of time:
For the duration of your employment + 6 weeks, in-line with the College Retention Schedule.
Under data protection law, you have legal rights in relation to your information, including:
- your right to be informed of how your data is being processed, (as in this Privacy Notice);
- your right to access and obtain a copy of your data on request, often referred to as a subject access request;
- your right to ask an organisation to change incorrect or incomplete data;
- your right to ask an organisation to delete or stop processing your data under certain circumstances;
- your right to object to the processing of your data under certain circumstances; and
- your right to data portability and in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply. Further details about your privacy rights can be found on the Information Commissioner’s Office website www.ico.org.uk
If you would like further information about how your personal data is processed by the College or you have any concerns, please contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO) in the first instance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are dissatisfied with the response, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office:
- using their website: https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/
- by email: email@example.com
- by phone: 0303 123 1113; or
- in writing: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.
We review our Privacy Notices regularly. Last reviewed: November 2020.