REHIS Elementary Food Hygiene
The REHIS (Royal Environmental Health Institute for Scotland) Elementary Food Hygiene course offered at Glasgow Clyde College meets the demands of food hygiene legislation in the food handling industry.
What will I learn?
A food hygiene certificate is required for those working or seeking to work in the food services and handling industry. The course covers all aspects of safe food handling to ensure participants have a high level of knowledge and understanding of the existing legislation and best practice of food handling.
It also covers the management of the working environment including cleaning practices, common pests which are found with food and how to control them, and personal hygiene of those handling the food.
- an introduction to food hygiene, including HACCP
- bacteria and their characteristics
- the incidence of food poisoning and its prevention
- personal hygiene and working habits of the food handler
- the working environment
- cleaning practices
- common food pests and their control
- food safety legislation
The identification of good food safety procedures and the implementation of food safety systems based on HACCP principles will be highlighted throughout the course.
This course has no official start dates however once payment has been made you will be sent your log-in details. For further information please contact the Administrator on 0141 272 3331.
Entry requirements (minimum)
To complete the course, you'll need:
- computer or laptop (no tablets or mobiles)
For the remote exam, you'll need:
- a computer with internet & webcam (for invigilation purposes)
- printer (to print your answer sheet for use during exam)
- scanner/scanner app (to scan your answer sheet for marking)
- Microsoft Teams
- access to a private room where you can be alone (you'll be asked to scan the room with your webcam prior to the exam)
Jobs and further study
Beneficial for those seeking employment in the hospitality industry