- Anniesland Campus
- SCQF Level
- Start Date
- 19 Aug 2019
- Qualification Type
- Course Type
- Short Full-Time
- 19 Weeks
This NQ Medical Administration course provides you the knowledge and skills required to work in a modern office environment and gain some specialist units which would allow you to work in a medical administrative role. You can also progress to an HND course in a related area.
What will I learn?
- IT (word processing, database, spreadsheet, presentation, email, internet)
- Medical audio
- Medical terminology
- Medical reception and records
- Work Placement (medical): one week in a hospital or GP surgery
- Word processing Medical
- Medical Administration
Assessment will be continuous, with a mix of practical and theoretical assessments.
Employer and industry links
The College has employer links with a variety of organisations. As part of your course you may go on a trip to visit an organisation and/or guest speakers may be brought in.
Jobs and further study
- NQ Business and Finance with Digital Technologies Level 6 – Cardonald and Langside
- HNC Administration and IT with PDA in Medical Administration - Anniesland campus
- HND Administration and IT with PDA in Medical Administration - Langside campus
- HND Administration and IT - Langside and Cardonald
Those wishing to progress will sit an internal test and require an exemplary academic reference.
Entry requirements (minimum)
- Three or more relevant courses at National 4 level or above, or equivalent (including English), or
- Relevant life/work experience will be considered.
- An interview will be part of the selection process
- If you do not meet the entry criteria for your chosen course, you may be offered an alternative course in the same subject area.
Making an application
For courses starting in August, you can make up to two applications.
Applications are made to a course and a first choice of campus. If the course is oversubscribed at your first choice you will be automatically considered for alternative sites and may be made an offer without a further application.
You will receive an automated email confirming that we have received your application (remember to check your SPAM folder if you do not hear from us) and we will be in contact as per the following stages:
- Interview and entry skills assessment. This will consist of some basic numeracy and a short piece of writing about why you wish to do this course.
- The process will consist of an information session, a skills assessment and a one-to-one interview. You must bring any qualifications with you.
- Interviews will take place between February and August depending on availability of places. The earlier you apply the more likely you are to secure a place.
- At interview, discussion will take place to ensure you have applied for the correct level of course therefore it is vital you bring any qualifications you have with you.
Outcomes will be sent by email within 10 working days of the interview.
If you live some distance away and would prefer a telephone interview, please let us know on application.
Once an offer is received you must reply within 10 working days or risk losing your place.
Once you have accepted your offer, you will be sent further information e.g. Student Funding, Joining Instructions, Induction Date.