Drawing and Painting Beginners - Fully Booked
- Anniesland Campus
- SCQF Level
- Start Date & time
- 3 Feb 2022 @ Thursday, 19:00 - 21:00 (03/02 - 24/03)
- Qualification Type
- Course Type
- 8 weeks (1 eve per week)
This course is ideal for beginners who would like to learn drawing and painting techniques.
Each evening will begin with short demonstrations and fun exercises with time later to work on a set task or develop a drawing or painting. The aim is to become more confident in handling the materials and experimenting with new techniques.
What will I learn?
- Introduction to line drawing and observational skills
- Introducing shading to create three dimensional effects
- Looking at other types of mark making and introduction to portraiture
- Introduction to watercolours and a variety of experimental techniques
- Watercolours continued, colour mixing and more controlled techniques
- Looking at composition, how to create focal points and balance
- Creating individual artworks with support from your tutor
- Develop previously learned techniques further or try something new.
Entry requirements (minimum)
- No formal entry requirements
Jobs and further study
- Drawing and Painting - Intermediate