NQ Computing and eSports (Level 6)
- Langside Campus
- SCQF Level
- Start Date
- 23 Aug 2021
- Qualification Type
- Course Type
- 1 Year (August to June)
This course is no longer accepting applications.
eSports is one of the most exciting areas in the entertainment and computing world at the moment. This course will allow you to develop your skills and social media reach as a gamer, allowing you to grow your portfolio and gaming audience whilst pitting your wits against likeminded others. The Computing and IT aspect of the course also allows you to prepare for progressing onto HND level courses within the College.
What will I learn?
- Hardware and software
- Cyber security
- Working in a team
- Competitive computer gaming
- Game streaming
- Games development
Please note that due to the impact of COVID-19, this course will be delivered via a blended learning approach - which may include limited face-to-face learning on campus combined with remote learning off-campus and digital learning approaches. If and when delivery is taking place on-campus, there will be reduced student numbers and physical distancing measures in place. If you require any support in learning digitally please inform the Course Leader or Student Support team.
Entry requirements (minimum)
- Two National 5 (or equivalent) passes at A to C level in Computing/Maths/IT or Science subject areas
- Relevant NQ Units at SQCF level 5
- We will consider your application if you have relevant experience but not formal qualifications
- You may be interviewed and asked to provide a suitable reference
- If you do not meet the entry criteria for your chosen course, you may be offered an alternative course in the same subject area.
Employer and industry links
Studying with us is about more than gaining a certificate, it’s also about getting a job you’ll want to do and continue to develop. Throughout your time here, we'll help you to build your employability skills — that's the soft skills and personal attributes that make you more likely to get a job, do a good job or get a better job. These are the skills employers’ rate and we will ensure you are given the best chance to succeed.
Not only will we equip you with the skills you'll need but you'll also get access to a host of other activities from meeting employers to taking part in workshops and enterprise activities and our highly trained staff will give you the best preparation for further study or getting employment.
Jobs and further study
Successful students may progress to the following courses:
- HNC Computer Science
- HND Computing: Software Development
- HND Computing: Network Infrastructure with Cyber Security
- HND Web Development
Making an application
For courses starting in August, you can make up to two applications.
Applications are made to a course and a first choice of campus. If the course is oversubscribed at your first choice you will be automatically considered for alternative sites and may be made an offer without a further application.
When you apply you will receive an automated email confirming that we have received your application and will be in contact as per the following stages:
- Selection will be by qualifications, possible interview and reference
- Proof of qualifications must be supplied before an offer can be made
- Interviews will take place within four weeks of applying.
You will be informed of the outcome of the selection process by email within 10 working days of the interview.
Once an offer is received, you must reply within 10 working days or risk losing your place.
Once you have accepted your offer, you will be sent further information such as start date, induction and funding information.