Tuition Fees for Full-time NC/NQ/Higher (Non-advanced) Courses
National fee waiver
Most full-time NC/NQ/Higher (non-advanced) students, who are ordinarily resident in Scotland or the EU, or are a refugee and resident in Scotland before the course starts, will have their fees paid direct to the College by the Scottish Funding Council (SFC). This is called fee waiver.
What do I need to do?
- If you are ordinarily resident in Scotland or the EU, you don’t need to do anything else – just come to enrolment.
- If you are in any doubt about your residency status please contact our Student Advice Centre on 0141 272 3636 to discuss or email email@example.com. You should bring your residency status documentation with you when you come to enrol.
If you do not qualify for national fee-waiver, usually due to residency issues, you are liable for the payment of fees and will be invoiced in full by the College.
How much will I pay?
- This will depend on your residency status. See table below.
What do I need to do?
- Bring your bank details (sort code, account number and branch address) to the College when you come to enrol.
- Be prepared to make a first payment of £258 at enrolment and to set up a standing order with your bank to pay for your fees.
- Pay all outstanding fees by 12 March 2021.
Non-payment of fees
Failure to ensure full and correct payment of fees may result in you being asked to withdraw from the course and certification for your course may be withheld. You will still be liable to pay any outstanding fees.
If you withdraw from your course, you will be liable to pay some or all of your tuition fees. We will calculate how much you are due to pay, depending on your withdrawal date, and invoice you accordingly:
- If you withdraw within 5 weeks of the course start date – you will not be charged for any tuition you received
- If you withdraw after 5 weeks – this will be calculated from day 1 of the course start date until the last date of attendance – Finance will issue an invoice to you
Requests for refunds should be submitted, in writing, to the relevant Head of Curriculum or Curriculum Assistant Principal, for consideration.
In the event of a refund being processed, a £40.00 Administration Fee will apply (regardless of the value of the refund).
Replacement student cards
If you lose your student card, you can obtain a replacement for £3.00. Contact Finance to make this payment, provide a copy of your receipt to Student Enrolment and they will issue you with a new card.
For more general information or information on courses, please contact our Student Advice Centres on 0141 272 3636 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information on paying for your course fees or setting up instalment plans in advance of your course start date please contact finance on 0141 272 3338 or by email at email@example.com
More information about student fees and finance in Scotland is available at the Student Information Scotland website: https://www.studentinformation.gov.scot/