Verifier Award (Vocational)
- Employer's Premises
- SCQF Level
- Start Date & time
- 2 Oct 2020 @ 13:30 - 16:30, Friday
- Qualification Type
- Units only
- Course Type
- Flexible Learning
- 1/2 Day + 3 visits @ workplace (12 months completion time)
This verifier award equips you with the knowledge and skills required to plan and carry out monitoring effectively and how to advise and support assessors. It is recognised throughout the UK by industry lead bodies and is an essential requirements for anyone involved in monitoring the assessment processes in the workplace
What will I learn?
- preparing and carrying out internal quality assurance
- planning internal quality assurance
- carrying out planned monitoring of the quality of assessment
- providing assessors with feedback, advice and support
- maintaining and improving their assessment practice
- meeting appropriate external quality assurance requirements.
This course is a combination of workshops, individual tutorials and observation of your verification practice.
Not sure what qualification is right for you? Read SQA's Frequently Asked Questions.
Paper-free, our E-portfolio option, offers you a high level of flexibility in terms in working around your prospective work patterns. It enables you to submit portfolio evidence electronically at a time and place that suits you. The system is available 24/7, enabling you to access materials, submit portfolio evidence, receive feedback, assessment and guidance support.
Entry requirements (minimum)
You must be in a quality assurance role involved with vocational qualifications.
There is an initial assessment and course overview session at Glasgow Clyde College followed by visits to you in the workplace to provide support and gather evidence.
This course is eligible for Individual Training Account (ITA) funding.
To find out more or to apply, visit myworldofwork.co.uk