Assessor Award H290 (Non SVQ/classroom assessor)
The Conduct Assessment Process unit is for assessors who assess learners in a classroom or other off-the-job training environments, such as training centres and workshops.
It is not suitable for those who assess SVQs or other qualifications which are assessed in the workplace. In these circumstances, you should undertake Assessor Award units L&D9D or L&D9DI.
You should have a good understanding of the assessment cycle, i.e. preparing for, planning, and carrying out the assessment. This may have been gained through prior involvement in teaching/learning and/or assessment processes.
What will I learn?
You will achieve this Conduct Assessment Process unit by providing evidence of your competence as a practising assessor covering:
- Agreeing on assessment arrangements with learners
- Conducting assessment with learners
- Reviewing evidence and communicating assessment decisions to learners
- Contribute and conform to internal quality assurance requirements
Programme delivery and assessment
Delivery is remote and online.
The qualification will involve an initial induction and introduction to the course followed by regular one-to-one meetings with your assessor.
Timescales can range from three months to 18 months.
You will be given access to the college online platform CANVAS to help with your studies.
Entry requirements (minimum)
Any learner wishing to undertake the qualification will require the following to be in place before starting the course:
- Two learners working towards a suitable non-work-based qualification to assess
- Provision for Internal Verification (IV) of the qualification
- Someone to internally countersign your assessment decisions
- Evidence of ongoing CPD activity in relation to the subject/qualification