- Langside Campus
- SCQF Level
- Start Date
- 26 Aug 2019
- Qualification Type
- Course Type
- 1 year
Applications are now closed. Applications for August 2020 will open again in January 2020.
This course is designed for those employed in the horticulture or landscape Industry at a supervisory level. You will attend college one day per week to enhance practical techniques and skills and develop management and theoretical knowledge.
What will I learn?
- Estimate resource requirements and programme work
- Promote, monitor and maintain health and safety
- Manage yourself and manage information
- Identify plants and co-ordinate the control of pests and diseases
- Monitor and control the growth of plants
- Co-ordinate the planting of plants and manage planted areas
- Prepare and construct hard landscaped areas.
Jobs and further study
If you wish to further develop your theoretical knowledge following this course, the College offers HNC Horticulture.
Entry requirements (minimum)
- SQV Level 2 Horticulture
You must be employed in a horticulture or landscape setting.
- If you do not meet the entry criteria for your chosen course, you may be offered an alternative course in the same subject area.
Making an application
For courses starting in August, you can make up to two applications.
Applications are made to a course and a first choice of campus. If the course is oversubscribed at your first choice you will be automatically considered for alternative sites and may be made an offer without a further application.
When you apply:
You will receive an automated email confirming that we have received your application and will be in contact as per the following stages:
- Selection will be based on a written recommendation from your employer that you are suitable and capable of undertaking the SVQ Level 3
- References must be supplied by your employer before attending an information session about the course
- Interviews are not required and selection will take place on the basis of application only
- Attending information sessions is not compulsory.
- You will be informed of the outcome by email within 10 working days after a suitable reference is received from your current employer, confirming your suitability and that you can be released from work one day per week to attend college.
Once an offer is received you must reply within 10 working days or risk losing your place.
Once you have accepted your offer, you will be sent further information e.g. Student Funding, Joining Instructions, Induction date.