Tuition Fees For Part-time Courses (Including Evenings)

Please note that not all part-time courses are eligible for fee waiver or SAAS part-time fee grant (i.e the College's leisure programme and commercial courses).  

Fee waiver

If you meet specific criteria, you may be eligible to have your fees paid to the College by the Scottish Funding Council (SFC). This is called fee waiver.

We are able to offer fee waivers for part-time courses in the following circumstances:

A. Where you, your spouse, partner, parent or legal guardian are in receipt of:

  • Income Support
  • Working Tax Credit
  • Pension Credit
  • Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
  • Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Housing Benefit, or
  • Universal credit.

B. Where you are in receipt of:

  • Carer’s Allowance
  • Disability Living Allowance
  • Attendance Allowance
  • Incapacity Benefit
  • Contributory Employment and Support Allowance, or
  • Personal Independence Payment.

C. Where you, your spouse, parent or legal guardian is an asylum seeker living in Scotland.

D. Where the taxable income of the student’s family in 2019-2020 is equal to or lower than the thresholds below:

  • Households with only one person: £8,282
  • Households consisting of a couple without children: £12,395, or
  • Households with dependent children: £18,977

Where there has been a substantial reduction in income from the previous financial tax year, the current financial tax year can be assessed.

E. Where you are care-experienced and under 26 years old (looked after and in the care of the local authority – can include living in foster home, children’s home, residential home, kinship care or in the care of local authority in your own home)

F. Where you are a School pupil attending at college as part of their school timetable.

Please note that you must be eligible under residency criteria also.

What do I need to do?

  • Bring up-to-date evidence (covering this financial year) to support your status to the college when you come to enrol. If you do not produce this evidence at time of enrolment you would be given four weeks to provide this to us. If after four weeks you still cannot provide this evidence, you would be removed from the course or your status would be changed to self-financing and you then need to pay for this course.
  • If you are in any doubt about your residency status please contact our Student Advice Centre on 0141 272 3636 to discuss or email You should have your evidence providing your residency status documentation in advance of enrolment.


If you do not qualify for fee waiver, you will be liable for the fees.

How much will I pay?
Fees vary dependent on which course you are studying. You will find fees for part time courses listed within the course information on the College website.

What do I need to do?

  • Be prepared to make a first payment at time of enrolment. You may have to pay all of your fee, or some of your fee (up to £250), on the day you enrol.
  • Provide your bank details (sort code, account number and branch address) and be prepared to pay the appropriate amount.


If your employer has agreed to pay some of all your course fees, you need to provide written confirmation from your employer.

You may still need to make a payment and/or set up a standing order for the portion of your fees that your employer is not paying.

SDS Individual Training Account (ITA)

Please visit to check if you are eligible for funding and if ITA funding is available for your course. If you are eligible, then you’ll still be entitled to funding of up to £200 per year towards a course. You’ll only be able to do one course in any learner year, and the course should be geared towards helping you with getting a job or progressing in your career.


How much will I pay?

  • Where available, ITAs cover a maximum of £200 of your course fees. You will be liable for the remainder of your fees if they are more than £200 at time of enrolment.

What do I need to do?                                                                                   

  • Check the website and My World of Work to see if ITA is available for your course and you are eligible for funding
  • Applications are now open and between now and 31 October 2020, SDS will accept up to 14,000 applications. Should applications reach 14,000 before 31 October 2020, the funding allocation will cease until further notice
  • Ensure that your ITA account is open before booking a place on your course
  • Provide proof of your income to the college to have your ITA verified
  • Once verified, contact the college to book your place
  • The college will claim the ITA funds from Skills Development Scotland on confirmation of attendance from your tutor.

SAAS part-time fee grant

SAAS (Student Award Agency for Scotland) part-time fee grant is available for part of your fees for some of our part-time advanced HN courses, if you earn less than £25,000 per year.

How much will I pay?
The level of fee grant is calculated pro-rata based on the number of units you are studying. You will be liable for the remainder of your fees.

What do I need to do?

  • Apply to SAAS now. Visit the undergraduate section of the SAAS website or call on 0300 555 0505 for any enquiries.
  • Download the PTGF application for the 2020-2021 academic session, with the exception of Section E (which will be completed by the College and no student input is required) and forward completed applications by email to 
  • SAAS will then email you with payment confirmation of your course fees. If you have any enquiries regarding your SAAS application or if you wish to appeal to them regarding a failed application, please contact SAAS directly via their website or the above telephone number.
  • Be prepared to make the payment of the remainder of your fees at enrolment.
  • If your employer has agreed to pay all or part of your fees, you need to provide confirmation from your employer. You may still need make a payment and/or set up a standing order for the portion of your fees that your employer is not paying.

Non-payment of fees

Failure to ensure full and correct payment of fees may result in you being asked to withdraw from the course and certification for your course may be withheld. You will still be liable to pay any outstanding fees.

Withdrawn students

If you withdraw from your course, you will be liable to pay some or all of your tuition fees. We will calculate how much you are due to pay, depending on your withdrawal date, and invoice you accordingly:

  • If you withdraw within five weeks of the course start date - you will not be charged for any tuition you received
  • If you withdraw after five weeks - you will be charged Pro-Rata fees for Tuition received.  This will be calculated from day 1 of your course, until the last date of attendance.  Our finance department will issue an invoice to you.
  • SAAS will not fund your course if you withdraw prior to 1 December, and as such, you will become liable for your tuition fees as detailed above. If you are SAAS funded and consider withdrawing from your course, please contact to enquire on the financial implications or future funding implications this may incur.


Requests for Refunds should be submitted, in writing, to the relevant Head of Curriculum or Curriculum Assistant Principal, for consideration.

In the event of a refund being processed, a £40.00 Administration Fee will apply (regardless of the value of the refund)

Replacement student cards

If you lose your student card, you can obtain a replacement for £3.00. Contact Finance to make this payment, provide a copy of your receipt to Student Enrolment and they will issue you with a new card.

Contact us

For more information, please contact Student Advice on 0141 272 3636 or

More information about student fees and finance in Scotland is available at the Student Information Scotland website: