- Cardonald Campus
- Start Date
- 4 Sep 2023
- Qualification Type
- Other non-advanced qual
- Course Type
- 1 Year (3 days per week August to June )
Applications for this course are now closed.
This Pre-Apprenticeship Plumbing Installation work programme is designed to produce a pool of prospective apprentice plumbers ready and waiting to join the plumbing industry. We have links with a large number of plumbing employers in the west of Scotland who successfully interview those who prove their worth on this course.
What will I learn?
- Health and safety in building services
- Electrical principles and processes for building services engineering
- Scientific principles for domestic, industrial and commercial plumbing
- Common plumbing processes: cold water systems / domestic hot water systems
- Central heating systems
- Drainage systems
- How to communicate with others within building services engineering.
Entry requirements (minimum)
- National 4 or equivalent, in Maths and English are desirable
- Please note you should be aged 16 or over by the course start date
- We will consider your application if you have relevant experience but no formal qualifications
Entry requirements equivalency table
If you do not meet the entry criteria for your chosen course, you may be offered an alternative course in the same subject area.
Employer and industry links
We work with SNIPEF, the industry body and are approached by employers wishing to give work experience to students, leading to them gaining apprenticeships.
Jobs and further study
Opportunities exist for successful students to progress to:
- Plumbing apprenticeships
- NC Building Services
- NC Construction.
Making an application
For courses starting in August, you can make up to two applications.
Applications are made to a course and a first choice of campus. If the course is oversubscribed at your first choice you will be automatically considered for alternative sites and may be made an offer without a further application.
I've applied — what happens next?
When you apply
You will receive an automated email confirming that we have received your application (remember to check your junk/SPAM folder if you do not hear from us). We will be in contact as per the following stages:
- you will be invited to attend an interview. Please bring your qualifications and photographic identification with you to the interview.
- selection will be by Interview
- reference must be supplied before an interview can take place.
You will be informed of the outcome of the selection process by email within 10 working days of the interview. There are four possible outcomes:
- unconditional offer: you have met all the entry requirements and your place is guaranteed
- conditional offer: your place is secured pending meeting the entry requirements
- waiting list: you have met all entry requirements, however, the course is full. If any spaces become available you may be contacted usually around about the course start date.
- unsuccessful: you have not met the entry criteria. You can contact the Student Advisory Team to discuss alternative options.
Once an offer is received, you must respond within 14 days or you risk losing your place.
Once you have accepted your offer, you will be sent further details, such as start date, induction date and funding information.