- Renfrewshire Council Offices
- SCQF Level
- Start Date
- 24 Aug 2020
- Qualification Type
- Course Type
- 1 Year
Glasgow Clyde College works in partnership with Renfrewshire Council to deliver this Project Search course. The course provides real-life work experience combined with training in employability skills to support young people with learning disabilities and autism spectrum conditions make successful transitions to a working life.
What will I learn?
You will develop your employability skills at Renfrewshire Council where you will develop essential skills in a classroom setting that will help you gain employment, in subjects such as:
- Team building
- Workplace safety
- Maintaining employment
- Financial literacy
- Health and wellness
- Preparing for employment
You will also participate in three, 10 week work placements in a variety of job roles within Renfrewshire Council and local partners. Work placements may include catering, housekeeping, administration and environmental roles.
The experience and skills that you gain from both classroom based activities and the work placements will improve your job marketability.
You will be supported throughout the course by a college lecturer, a job coach and council staff.
To ensure your learning is tailored to suit your own needs and employment goals, you will develop a Personal Learning and Support Plan which will help you identify your strengths and weaknesses and help determine the type of job you are good at.
The course will run from August to June, five days a week, Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 3.30pm.
You can apply for financial help in the form of a bursary.
Employer and industry links
In the last 5 years working with Renfrewshire Council to deliver Project Search, 60% students have gained employment with the Council and other local employers.
Jobs and further study
- further college courses.
Entry requirements (minimum)
- you are between the ages of 17 and 29 years old
- have a Learning Disability or Autism
- have a Renfrewshire postcode
- you can provide evidence of your ability to work at SCQF Level 3 (Access 3) in all subject areas
- you are an independent traveller or have your own travel arrangements
you can demonstrate your ability to work independently and with others
- you can provide evidence of excellent timekeeping and attendance
- you can attend five days a week, Monday to Friday, 8.30am - 3.30pm, and be on time every morning
- you can provide a satisfactory reference
- you are willing to share personal information with all Project Search partners, if required
- If you do not meet the entry criteria for your chosen course, you may be offered an alternative course in the same subject area.
How to apply
To apply for this course, please complete an application form from the link below and email it to email@example.com or post it to:
Glasgow Clyde College
You will receive a letter confirming that the College has received your application.
- If you meet the entry criteria, you will be invited to attend a selection event which may include a core skills profile, group activity and individual interview.
- Prior to the selection event, you will be asked to provide proof of qualifications and a completed Individual Support Form.
- Selection events will take place between March and June.
- You will be informed by post of the outcome of your selection event within 15 working days.
- Once an offer is received you must reply within 15 working days or risk losing your place.
- If a place is unavailable at your campus of first choice, you may be offered a place at one of our other campuses and you must respond to this within the timescale above.
- Once you have accepted your offer, you will be sent further details such as funding information and joining instructions. You will be invited to attend an induction event, which will take place in June.