- Cardonald Campus
- SCQF Level
- Start Date
- 24 Aug 2020
- Qualification Type
- Course Type
- 1 year
Applications Temporarily on Hold
This Engineering Pre-Apprenticeship Programme ScottishPower (electrical engineering) course will provide you with the skills and knowledge required to join ScottishPower as an apprentice on their Modern Apprenticeship Programme.
Glasgow Clyde College has a longstanding relationship with ScottishPower for delivering this programme that offers you an Intermediate 2-level qualification and industry training in electrical engineering.
If you are highly motivated and have a willingness to learn with a positive attitude, this course could be ideal for you.
You will receive a monthly allowance of £200 as a contribution towards travel and any course expenses.
What will I learn?
- Fundamental electrical principles
- Basic electrical systems
- Basic electrical installation skills
- Health and safety at work
- Information technology
Employer and industry links
This course will provide direct access to ScottishPower training facilities and their Training Officer.
Jobs and further study
- Modern Apprenticeship in Electrical Installation (SVQ Level 3)
- HNC Electrical Engineering.
Entry requirements (minimum)
- Two National 5s, or equivalent, in Maths and in English or a Science subject
- Consideration may be given to a National 5 Technical subject or the successful completion of NC (Level 5) Electrical or Construction course.
- This programme is aimed towards School Leavers between 16-19 years old
- If you do not meet the entry criteria for your chosen course, you may be offered an alternative course in the same subject area.
Making an application
For courses starting in August, you can make up to two applications.
Applications are made to a course and a first choice of campus. If the course is oversubscribed at your first choice you will be automatically considered for alternative sites and may be made an offer without a further application.
When you apply
You will receive an automated email confirming that we have received your application and we will be in contact as per the following stages:
- there will be a short interview to check qualifications
- selections decisions will be made at, or shortly after, the interview
- you will be informed of decisions within one week of interview.
Once an offer is received, you must reply within 10 working days or risk losing your place. Once you have accepted your offer, you will be sent further information such as funding and induction date.