This course is aimed at students who wish to further their skills and knowledge of guitar repairs and guitar construction.
What will I learn?
Course work may vary slightly from outline due to the specifics of the students instruments.
It would be recommended that by this point students have somewhere/someway to work on instruments at home to speed up the course work.
All work is down to tutor discretion.
- Glue acoustic top and back crack and reinforce
- Glue up broken headstock and repair finish
- Repair instrument top damaged and refit acoustic bridge
- Remove guitar fingerboard and remove truss rod
- Make and install new fingerboard
- Fret new fingerboard and discuss advanced fretting techniques
- Fit acoustic guitar pickup
Entry requirements (minimum)
- Completion of beginners guitar restoration
- A general interest in the working of guitars and guitar repairs
- Some experience with the use of hand tools.