- Anniesland Campus
- SCQF Level
- Start Date
- 28 Aug 2023
- Qualification Type
- Course Type
- 2 Years (Day Release)
If you are considering a career in engineering then this HNC Engineering Systems course can help you to begin to achieve your goals, whether that be career progression (if you're already working in the engineering industry), advancement to our HND Engineering Systems course or eventually obtaining a degree.
As a result of Industry 4.0 engineers are in demand for innovative roles in design, robotics and automation. If you enjoy the human skills of problem solving and are solution focused, then with our help you can become an innovative future ready engineer.
What will I learn?
- Application of programmable logic controllers
- Pneumatics and hydraulics
- Communication: Practical skills
- Electrical machine principles
- Engineering communication
- Engineering measurement and systems monitoring
- Engineering mathematics 1
- Mechatronic system elements
- Principles of engineering systems
- DC and AC principles
- Three phase systems
- Engineering systems: Graded unit 1 examination
Entry requirements (minimum)
- minimum of one Higher from Mathematics or Physics. Please note that Higher Applications of Maths is not accepted; OR
- NC Engineering Systems (Level 6) or NC Electrical Engineering (Level 6) or NC Mechanical Engineering (Level 6)
If English is not your first language, then a level 6 ESOL qualification is required, due to the technical demands of the subject
Applicants for the Day Release course should be employed in a relevant industrial role
- we will consider your application if you are currently employed in the engineering industry
Entry requirement equivalency table
If you do not meet the entry criteria for your chosen course, you may be offered an alternative course in the same subject area.
Employer and industry links
We have a renowned reputation for Engineering, supported by cutting edge technology and highly qualified, experienced staff.
Additionally, we work in partnership with the majority of Engineering employers and are seen as the Engineering College of choice within the Greater Glasgow area. Due to our excellent links, the College is continually at the forefront of technological advances with investment in our engineering facilities which provide students with a world class learning experience.
Jobs and further study
- if you successfully complete this course with a Graded Unit 1 result of 'B' or above you will be able to progress to HND Engineering Systems
- you will have the potential to apply for part-time engineering degree programmes at various universities including Glasgow Caledonian University, University of the West of Scotland and the Open University.
Making an application
For courses starting in August, you can make up to two applications.
Applications are made to a course and a first choice of campus. If the course is oversubscribed at your first choice you will be automatically considered for alternative sites and may be made an offer without a further application.
I've applied — what happens next?
When you apply
You will receive an automated email confirming that we have received your application.
Once you have accepted your offer, you will be sent further information, for example, details of student funding, joining instructions and induction date.
You will be invited to our open day where you can meet with the staff and existing students, you will also be given a tour of the campus