HND Computing Cyber Security
- Cardonald Campus
- Start Date
- 24 Aug 2020
- Qualification Type
- Course Type
- 2 Years (August to June)
Applications are now closed.
This computing course covers a wide range of subjects and enables you to specialise in the particular area of Cyber security.
You will complete the HNC Cyber Security first in year one and then progress onto the HND in Cyber Security in year two.
What will I learn?
- Ethical Hacking
- Digital Forensics
- Server Administration
- Cyber Security
- Firewall Essentials
- Cloud Computing
- Network Infrastructure
In addition to this, you will also be offered the opportunity to study towards a Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Microsoft MCITP and CompTIA A+ qualifications. These qualifications are highly-desired by employers.
You are also given the opportunity to enter World Skills competitions. We are sector leaders here – with Glasgow Clyde College being the lead developer for the Cyber Security competition and having two students in the UK Cyber Security team.
Classes are delivered in our latest Microsoft labs, equipped with specialist equipment.
Employer and industry links
Studying with us is about more than gaining a certificate, it’s also about getting a job you’ll want to do and continue to develop. Throughout your time here, we'll help you to build your employability skills — that's the soft skills and personal attributes that make you more likely to get a job, do a good job or get a better job. These are the skills employers rate and we will ensure you are given the best chance to succeed.
Not only will we equip you with the skills you'll need but you'll also get access to a host of other activities from meting employers to taking part in World Skills our highly trained staff will give you the best preparation for further study or getting employment.
Jobs and further study
- Third year entry to various degree courses at University of the West of Scotland, Glasgow Caledonian University or Abertay University
- Second year entry at University of Glasgow, University of Edinburgh or University of Strathclyde is also possible, depending on maths qualifications
- You will have the potential to move on to jobs in the IT industry.
Entry requirements (minimum)
- One Higher (or equivalent) from Computing, Maths, English, IT, or Science, or
- A relevant NC or equivalent qualification
- A suitable employer or academic reference
- We will consider your application if you have relevant experience but no formal qualifications.
- If you do not meet the entry criteria for your chosen course, you may be offered an alternative course in the same subject area.
Direct entry to year two of the HND may be possible if you have a relevant HNC. Please contact the faculty directly via the email address below.
Please note: applicants who meet the entry criteria and have a suitable reference will be accepted on the course without interview. All other applicants will be interviewed.
If you do not meet the entry criteria for your chosen course, you may be offered an alternative course in the same subject area.
Making an application
For courses starting in August, you can make up to two applications.
Applications are made to a course and a first choice of campus. If the course is oversubscribed at your first choice you will be automatically considered for alternative sites and may be made an offer without a further application.
When you apply you will receive an automated email confirming that we have received your application and will be in contact as per the following stages:
- Selection will be by qualifications, possible interview and reference
- Proof of qualifications and a suitable academic reference must be supplied before an offer can be made
- Interviews will take place within four weeks of applying.
You will be informed of the outcome of the selection process by email within 10
working days of the interview.
Once an offer is received, you must reply within 10 working days or risk losing your
Once you have accepted your offer, you will be sent further information such as start date, induction and funding information.