Tuition Fees For HNC/HND/Degree (Advanced) Courses
Student Awards Agency Scotland (SAAS) funding
Most full-time HNC/HND/Degree students who are ordinarily resident in Scotland will have their fees paid directly to the College by SAAS.
What do I need to do?
- Visit saas.gov.uk or call 0300 555 0505 to apply
- Bring your SAAS award notice letter to the College when you come to enrol.
If you do not apply to SAAS, or if they deem you ineligible for support, which may be on the grounds of residence or previous study, you are liable for the payment of fees and will be invoiced in full by the College.
How much will I pay?
- If you meet eligibility criteria you will be charged £1,285 per year.
- If you are ordinarily resident in England, Wales or Northern Ireland (RUK) you may be charged a higher rate of £3,000 per year.
- If you are ordinarily resident outside the EU you may be charged a higher rate of £6,000 per year.
What do I need to do?
- Bring your bank details (sort code, account number and branch address) to College when you come to enrol.
- Be prepared to make a first payment of £250.00 at enrolment and to set up a standing order for your fees.
- Pay all outstanding fees by 11th March 2019.
- If your employer has agreed to pay all or part of your fees, you need to provide confirmation from your employer. You may still need to make a payment and/or set up a standing order for the portion of your fees that your employer is not paying.
Non-payment of fees
Failure to ensure full and correct payment of fees may result in you being asked to withdraw from the course and certification for your course may be withheld. You will still be liable to pay any outstanding fees.
If you withdraw from your course, you will be liable to pay some or all of your tuition fees. We will calculate how much you are due to pay, depending on your withdrawal date, and invoice you accordingly:
- If you withdraw within five weeks - you will not be charged any fees
- If you withdraw after five weeks - you will be charged Pro-Rata fees for Tuition received. This will be calculated from day 1 of your course, until the last date of attendance. Our finance department will issue an invoice to you.
Please note: SAAS will not fund your course if you withdraw prior to the 1st December, and as such, you will become liable for your tuition fees as detailed above.
Requests for refunds should be submitted, in writing, to the relevant Head of Curriculum or Curriculum Assistant Principal, for consideration.
Replacement students cards
If you lose your student care, you can obtain a replacement for £3. Please go to our finance department to make this payment, present your receipt to Student Enrolment and they will print you off a new card.
For more information, please contact one of our Student Advice Centres on 0141 272 9000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.