Tuition Fees For HNC/HND/Degree (Advanced) Courses
Student Awards Agency Scotland (SAAS) funding
Most full-time HNC/HND/Degree students who are ordinarily resident in Scotland will have their fees paid directly to the College by SAAS (Student Award Agency for Scotland).
What do I need to do?
- Apply to SAAS now. Visit the undergraduate section of the SAAS website saas.gov.uk or call 0300 555 0505 to make an application for funding.
- Ensure you selecting the correct college for your funding application.
- During the application process you will have the option to apply for your course fees and / or a Student Loan so please ensure you have completed the correct section/s.
If you do not apply to SAAS, or if they deem you ineligible for support, which may be on the grounds of residence or previous study, you are liable for the payment of fees.
If you do not contact finance to set up a payment plan prior to your course start date you will be invoiced in full by the College and all invoices are payable in full within 28 days.
How much will I pay?
- If you meet eligibility criteria e.g. HNC / HND you will be charged £1,285 per year. (Degree course fees are £1820)
- If you are ordinarily resident in England, Wales or Northern Ireland (RUK) you may be charged a higher rate of £3,000 per year for an HNC / HND.
- If you are ordinarily resident outside the UK you may be charged a higher rate of £6,000 per year for an HNC / HND. These fees cannot be paid in instalments and must be paid in full prior to the start date of your course.
Note that you would not normally be seen as ‘ordinarily resident’ in Scotland if you have moved here specifically to study at college or university.
What do I need to do?
- First you will need to apply for your course and go through the application process, which may involve an interview. If you are offered a place on the course and you accept, you will then receive an invitation to enrol on the course
- When you receive an invitation to enrol, please contact email@example.com to pay for your course or, where available, to set up a payment plan.
- You will need to provide your bank details (sort code, account number and branch details).
- Be prepared to make a first payment of £250.00 at time of enrolment and to set up a standing order for your fees.
- All outstanding fees must be paid within six months of your course start date or you may be withdrawn from the course.
- If your employer has agreed to pay all or part of your fees, you need to provide confirmation from your employer. You may still need to make a payment and/or set up a standing order for the portion of your fees that your employer is not paying.
Please note all fees listed here are subject to change if there are changes to relevant Scottish or UK legislation or SFC guidance.
Non-payment of fees
Failure to ensure full and correct payment of fees may result in you being asked to withdraw from the course and certification for your course may be withheld. You will still be liable to pay any outstanding fees.
If you withdraw from your course, you will be liable to pay some or all of your tuition fees. We will calculate how much you are due to pay, depending on your withdrawal date, and invoice you accordingly:
- If you withdraw within five weeks - you will not be charged for any Tuition you received
- If you withdraw after five weeks - This will be calculated from day one of your course, until the last date of attendance. Our Finance department will issue an invoice to you.
Please note: SAAS will not fund your course if you withdraw prior to the 1 December, and as such, you will become liable for your tuition fees as detailed above. If you are SAAS funded and consider withdrawing from your course, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire on the financial implications or future funding implications this may incur.
Requests for refunds should be submitted, in writing, to the relevant Curriculum Manager or Curriculum Assistant Principal, for consideration.
In the event of a refund being processed, a £40.00 Administration Fee will apply (regardless of the value of the refund)
Replacement students cards
Student cards and replacement student cards are subject to access to college buildings and may not be available during COVID restrictions. A digital alternative to the physical student card is available for enrolled students at https://students.glasgowclyde.ac.uk/index.php/get-card
If you lose your student card, you can obtain a replacement for £3.00. Contact Finance to make this payment, provide a copy of your receipt to Student Enrolment and they will issue you with a new card.
For more information, please contact our Student Advice Centres on 0141 272 3636 or by email at email@example.com.
For information on paying for your course fees or setting up instalment plans in advance of your course start date please contact Finance on 0141 272 3338 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
More information about student fees and finance in Scotland is available at the Student Information Scotland website: https://www.studentinformation.gov.scot/