Tuition Fees For HNC/HND/Degree (Advanced) Courses
Student Awards Agency Scotland (SAAS) funding
Most full-time HNC/HND/Degree students who are ordinarily resident in Scotland will have their fees paid directly to the College by SAAS (Student Award Agency for Scotland).
What do I need to do?
- Apply to SAAS now. Visit Visit the undergraduate section of the SAAS website saas.gov.uk or call 0300 555 0505 to make an application for funding.
- Provide a copy of your SAAS award notice letter to college at the time of enrolment.
If you do not apply to SAAS, or if they deem you ineligible for support, which may be on the grounds of residence or previous study, you are liable for the payment of fees and will be invoiced in full by the College.
How much will I pay?
- If you meet eligibility criteria e.g. HNC / HND you will be charged £1,285 per year. (Degree course fees are £1820)
- If you are ordinarily resident in England, Wales or Northern Ireland (RUK) you may be charged a higher rate of £3,000 per year for an HNC / HND.
- If you are ordinarily resident outside the EU you may be charged a higher rate of £6,000 per year for an HNC / HND.
What do I need to do?
- Provide your bank details (sort code, account number and branch address) to the College when you enroll
- Be prepared to make a first payment of £250.00 at time of enrolment and to set up a standing order for your fees.
- Pay all outstanding fees by 28 February 2021
- If your employer has agreed to pay all or part of your fees, you need to provide confirmation from your employer. You may still need to make a payment and/or set up a standing order for the portion of your fees that your employer is not paying.
Full time fees are set by the Scottish Funding Council. Non EU and RUK fees are reviewed annually by the College and may be subject to change. The fees stated on the website at the point of application will be honoured by the College.
Non-payment of fees
Failure to ensure full and correct payment of fees may result in you being asked to withdraw from the course and certification for your course may be withheld. You will still be liable to pay any outstanding fees.
If you withdraw from your course, you will be liable to pay some or all of your tuition fees. We will calculate how much you are due to pay, depending on your withdrawal date, and invoice you accordingly:
- If you withdraw within five weeks - you will not be charged for any Tuition you received
- If you withdraw after five weeks - This will be calculated from day 1 of your course, until the last date of attendance. Our Finance department will issue an invoice to you.
Please note: SAAS will not fund your course if you withdraw prior to the 1 December, and as such, you will become liable for your tuition fees as detailed above. If you are SAAS funded and consider withdrawing from your course, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire on the financial implications or future funding implications this may incur.
Requests for refunds should be submitted, in writing, to the relevant Head of Curriculum or Curriculum Assistant Principal, for consideration.
In the event of a refund being processed, a £40.00 Administration Fee will apply (regardless of the value of the refund)
Replacement students cards
If you lose your student card, you can obtain a replacement for £3.00. Contact Finance to make this payment, provide a copy of your receipt to Student Enrolment and they will issue you with a new card.
For more information, please contact our Student Advice Centres on 0141 272 3636 or by email at email@example.com.
For information on paying for your course fees or setting up instalment plans in advance of your course start date please contact Finance on 0141 272 3338 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
More information about student fees and finance in Scotland is available at the Student Information Scotland website: https://www.studentinformation.gov.scot/