- Cardonald Campus
- Start Date & time
- 6 Oct 2022 @ 7 - 9pm (Thursday evenings. Final 2 weeks also Tuesday evenings)
- Qualification Type
- Course Type
- 12 weeks
The British Sign Language (BSL) - Introduction course is designed for those interested in learning British Sign Language or improving on existing skills to work towards SQA accreditation.
What will I learn?
The course will include basic and everyday vocabulary and communication topics such as:
- Introducing yourself and others
- Expressing likes and dislikes connected to foods, drinks, hobbies and interests
- Giving directions connected to countries and places of interest
- Communicating simple information about your friends and family
- Communicating simple information about your work and different occupations
- Basic Deaf Awareness
- SQA British Sign Language (BSL): An Introduction (SCQF Level 3).
All of our BSL Teachers are skilled and qualified lecturers from the deaf community. You will be taught by a deaf teacher.
Entry requirements (minimum)
No formal entry requirements
An interest in learning British Sign Language
Jobs and further study
After studying this you can go on to study BSL Level 1 or 2 which can further lead on to Higher or PDA for those wishing to become an interpreter with further study and training.