HNC Administration and Information Technology (with Human Resource Management)
- Cardonald Campus
- SCQF Level
- Start Date
- 22 Aug 2022
- Qualification Type
- Course Type
- 1 Year (August to June)
Courses starting in August 2023 will open for applications on Monday 16th January 2023.
This one year HNC Administration and Information Technology with Human Resource Management course will prepare you with the knowledge and skills you need to find a job in a wide range of administrative and IT roles, or for further study.
What will I learn?
- Human Resource Management: Introduction
- IT in Business: Spreadsheets
- IT in Business: Word Processing and Presentation Applications
- Office Administration
- Communication: Business Communication
- Human resource management: Core activities
- Recording financial transactions
- Customer care
- IT in business: Databases
- Administration and information technology: Graded unit
- Digital technologies for administrators
- Marketing: An introduction
- Personal development planning
Entry requirements (minimum)
- One Higher pass at band A-C in a relevant* academic subject and a selection of National 5 units or equivalent; OR
- Relevant Foundation Apprenticeship qualification; OR
- Applications are welcome from those without formal qualifications but who have relevant life/work experience.
- ESOL entry requirements - applicants who first language is not English should have a minumum ESOL Higher.
* relevant subjects include English, Administration, Business Management, Economics, Geography, History, Mathematics, Modern Studies or a Science subject.
If you do not meet the entry criteria for your chosen course, you may be offered an alternative course in the same subject area.
Employer and industry links
The College has employer links with a variety of organisations. As part of your course, you may go on a trip to visit an organisation and/or guest speakers may be brought in.
Some of our employer links include: Sky, Bridge to Business, Coca-Cola, Police Scotland, Glengoyne Distillery, Made Brave, Royal Bank of Scotland, Anderson Strathern, Spectre and Mercer.
Jobs and further study
You may move on to the second year of a degree at any of the following universities:
Glasgow Caledonian University
University of the West of Scotland
Robert Gordon University
University of Strathclyde
University of Stirling
and a number of others throughout the UK.
This HND has a strong managerial focus which will enable you to progress more quickly to supervisory/management roles or third-year entry to various degree courses at the University of the West of Scotland, Glasgow Caledonian University and other UK universities.
This course will prepare you for a wide range of sectors and jobs, for example, local government, the health service, manufacturing and retail.
Making an application
For courses starting in August, you can make up to two applications.
Applications are made to a course and a first choice of campus. If the course is oversubscribed at your first choice you will be automatically considered for alternative sites and may be made an offer without a further application.
You will receive an automated email confirming we have received your application (remember to check your SPAM folder if you do not hear from us).
- Your application will be reviewed by the admissions team and you will either be made an offer (unconditional/conditional) or re-levelled to an alternative course.
- The academic staff may wish to contact you by phone if we feel that we need to speak to you to get more information on your application, qualifications or experience.
- Once an offer is recevied, you must reply within 14 days or risk losing your place.
- Once you have accepted your offer, you will be sent further information, for example Student Funding, Joining Instructions and Induction Date.