- Cardonald Campus
- SCQF Level
- Start Date & time
- 18 Aug 2021 @ 6pm to 9pm
- Qualification Type
- Course Type
- 1 year
COURSE FULLY BOOKED
Higher Human Biology helps you to develop and apply knowledge and understanding of human biology, and an understanding of human biology's role in scientific issues and relevant applications of human biology, including their impact on society and the environment.
Please note: This course will take place at Cardonald Campus
What will I learn?
Higher Human Biology will build on your previous biological knowledge in the areas of the:
- body systems
- the environment.
The structure and function of many areas in the Human Body are studied in detail.
You will gain a competence and confidence in applying biological techniques, experimental work and laboratory report writing.
This course is eligible for SDS Individual Training Account (ITA) funding of up to £200 that can be used towards tuition fees. Please check on My World of Work www.myworldofwork.co.uk for further information.
Entry requirements (minimum)
For Higher Human Biology we require an A or B pass at National 5, or equivalent, in Biology.
Please note that due to the high level of challenge presented by National Courses, and the significant demand for this programme, please note that the above represents minimum entry requirements. Our selection processes will also take into account the breadth of subjects studied previously.
- If you do not meet the entry criteria for your chosen course, you may be offered an alternative course in the same subject area.
Jobs and further study
- The course is relevant if you are interested in the medical profession, teaching, science or as a laboratory technician.
- National Course qualifications at Higher level can be used to support progression in a variety of work or study contexts.
Making an application
For courses starting in August, you can make up to two applications.
Applications are made to a course and a first choice of campus. If the course is oversubscribed at your first choice you will be automatically considered for alternative sites and may be made an offer without a further application.
You will receive an automated email confirming that we have received your application and will be in contact as per the following stages:
Academic staff will read and check your application form. It is therefore important that you complete the current qualification and personal statement section fully. This will take up to 4 weeks from the date of application and all applications are dealt with in the order in which they are received.
You will then receive one of the following:
- An offer of a place on the course. This is subject to payment of the course fee.
- A conditional offer. This will usually be as you are waiting on exam results. In this case we will ask you to pay the fee but this will be refunded should you fail to meet the condition of your offer.
- No offer. Feedback on the reason you have not been accepted can be provided on request.
Successful application will be sent joining information. Enrolment usually takes place on the first night of the course.
The cost of this course is £399. You may wish to look at help with funding, in particular an Individual Training Account. Further information and eligibility criteria can be found on: