SVQ Social Services (Children and Young People) Level 6
- Langside Campus
- SCQF Level
- Start Date
- Various start dates
- Qualification Type
- Course Type
- 1 Year
This SVQ Social Services (Children and Young People) Level 6 is the course for you if you work in residential, day or home care settings, family support, nursery or education settings. You will be required to compile a portfolio of evidence to demonstrate your understanding of theory, principles and practices.
What will I learn?
- Health and Safety
- Safeguarding of Children and Young People
- Developing Your Own Knowledge and Practice
- Two optional units to be selected.
There will be on-site assessment and you will be required to compile a portfolio of evidence.
Jobs and further study
- You could progress to SVQ Social Services (Children and Young People) at SCQF Level 7, if you gained a care worker post with a higher level of responsibility, or to HNC Social Care or HNC Early Education and Childcare.
- You will be able to register with the Scottish Social Services Council as a support practitioner and be employed in a setting working with children and young people such as residential childcare support worker, nursery or early years support practitioner.
Entry requirements (minimum)
- You must be employed within a social service, social care or healthcare setting to enrol on this course.
- you must be in employment within a social service, social care or healthcare setting
- your current job role must include a range of skilled, varied, primarily routine tasks for which you have some responsibility. Your role should also include some non-routine tasks.
If you do not meet the entry criteria for your chosen course, you may be offered an alternative course in the same subject area.