This Access to HND Business course is designed for those who are progressing from a Level 5 course in administration or business. It is a a direct route to study HND Business starting in August 2023. You will gain up-to-date skills needed to work in a business environment.
What will I learn?
- Managing marketing operations
- IT solutions including Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Internet
- Managing people and finance
- Understanding business
- Management accounting
There will also be an internally assessed exam as part of this course.
Entry requirements (minimum)
- Successful completion of NQ Level 5 business or admininstration, with excellent attendance and excellent course review outcome, or;
- Four National 5s at C or above, or equivalent, one of which should be English
- Applications are invited from those without formal qualifications, but who have relevant work/life experience
If you do not meet the entry criteria for your chosen course, you may be offered an alternative course in the same subject area.
Employer and industry links
The College has employer links with a variety of organisations. As part of your course you may go on a trip to visit an organisation and/or guest speakers may be brought in.
Jobs and further study
HND Business at Cardonald, Langside or Anniesland Campus
If you wish to progress, you should gain a high grade in your exam and pass all units, as well as having an excellent academic reference and attendance.
You will receive an automated email confirming that we have received your application and we will be in contact (remember to check your SPAM folder if you do not hear from us).
We will review your application, may request further information or there may be a telephone interview. Once a decision has been made you will be informed of the decision.
Once you have accepted your offer, you will be sent further information, for example Student Funding, Joining Instructions and Induction Date.