We take a look back at 2022
As we reach the last day of college for 2022, we thought we'd take a look back at the past year. Just some of the highlights included:
- We launched our new ‘You Can’ recruitment campaign – featuring a full cast of our own students
- We celebrated horticulture student Eloise Fenton winning the Horticulture Learner of the Year Award, and Natalia Reifart-Bieganowska being runner-up at the LANTRA awards
- We launched 'The Breakfast Club', offering our students free breakfast every day
- Our Libraries launched 'Read, Return, Repeat', a book swap initiative
- The NCTJ names our Fast-track NCTJ Diploma in Journalism the best performing further education course at their course performance awards.
- We recreated our Langside Campus in Minecraft, holding the UK's first interactive Open Day in the Metaverse
- We became the first FE institution to receive Scottish Breastfeeding Friendly Accreditation
- We read minds to help prospective students find the perfect course
- The GCCSA achieved the Silver LGBT Charter award
- Our Floristry department won Floristry Training Provider of the Year
- We were delighted to return to an in-person Graduation
- Our Healthcare department won the CDN Innovation Award, and the Childcare department were commended in the Skills Development category.
- We opened exchange spaces on each campus for students to access free clothes and homewares.
We’re looking forward to seeing what 2023 has in store.