- Cardonald Campus
- SCQF Level
- Start Date & time
- 17 Aug 2021 @ 6 - 9pm
- Qualification Type
- Course Type
- 1 Year (August - May)
COURSE FULLY BOOKED
This course will help you to prepare for the SQA Higher English exam.
Please note: This course will take place at Cardonald Campus
What will I learn?
- how to develop a high level critique of journalist and literary texts
- use of language in short answer / essay writing
- individual presentation and group discussion skills
- close reading skills
- study of major texts: drama, poetry, short stories or novels.
This course is eligible for SDS Individual Training Account (ITA) funding of up to £200 that can be used towards tuition fees. Please check on My World of Work www.myworldofwork.co.uk for further information.
Entry requirements (minimum)
- A or B pass at National 5, or equivalent, in English.
- Please note that due to the high level of challenge presented by National Courses, and the significant demand for this programme, that the above represents the minimum entry requirements. Not all applicants who meet the minimum entry will be offered a place on the course, and some applicants may require to sit an entry test before a decision on their place is made.
Employer and industry links
There may be opportunities to attend talks and lectures from visiting writers or workshop opportunities for creative writing.
Jobs and further study
National Course qualifications at Higher level can be used to support progression in a variety of work or study contexts.
Making an application
For courses starting in August, you can make up to two applications.
Applications are made to a course and a first choice of campus. If the course is oversubscribed at your first choice you will be automatically considered for alternative sites and may be made an offer without a further application.
You will receive an automated email confirming that we have received your application and will be in contact as per the following stages:
Academic staff will read and check your application form. It is therefore important that you complete the current qualification and personal statement section fully. This will take up to four weeks from the date of application and all applications are dealt with in the order in which they are received.
You will then receive one of the following:
- an offer of a place on the course. This is subject to payment of the course fee.
- A conditional offer. This will usually be as you are waiting on exam results. In this case we will ask you to pay the fee but this will be refunded should you fail to meet the condition of your offer.
- No offer. Feedback on the reason you have not been accepted can be provided on request.
Successful application will be sent joining information. Enrolment usually takes place on the first night of the course.
The cost of this course is £495. You may wish to look at help with funding, in particular an Individual Training Account. Further information and eligibility criteria can be found on: Individual Training Account ITA