- Anniesland Campus
- SCQF Level
- Start Date
- 28 Aug 2023
- Qualification Type
- Course Type
- 1 Year (August to June)
This NC Software Development course introduces a range of skills relating to software development (programming) and web development allowing you to develop skills that are in demand by industry. You will develop problem solving and other employability skills, including development of academic skills that will help prepare you for progression to further study.
The course will be delivered using software that is currently used in industry such as C#, Java and Python.
Although the focus is primarily on software development you will also cover a range of generic computing skills.
What will I learn?
- Applications development
- Website creation and authoring
- Computer hardware and systems
- Data security
- Academic skills
- Cyber security
Entry requirements (minimum)
- Two National 5, or equivalent, passes at A to C level in English, Computing, Maths, IT or Science subject areas
- Relevant NQ Units at SQCF level 5
- We will consider your application if you have relevant experience but not formal qualifications.
Please note: applicants who meet the entry criteria and have a suitable reference may be accepted on the course without an interview. All other applicants will be interviewed.
Entry requirement equivalency table
If you do not meet the entry criteria for your chosen course, you may be offered an alternative course in the same subject area.
Employer and industry links
Studying with us is about more than gaining a certificate, it’s also about getting a job you’ll want to do and continue to develop. Throughout your time here, we'll help you to build your employability skills — that's the soft skills and personal attributes that make you more likely to get a job, do a good job or get a better job. These are the skills employers rate and we will ensure you are given the best chance to succeed.
Not only will we equip you with the skills you'll need but you'll also get access to a host of other activities from meeting employers to taking part in workshops and enterprise activities and our highly trained staff will give you the best preparation for further study or getting employment.
Jobs and further study
- HNC Computing
- HND Computing: Software Engineering with Emerging Technologies
- HND Computing: Cyber Security
- HND Computing: Infrastructure with Cyber Security
- HND Web Design and Development
Making an application
For courses starting in August, you can make up to two applications.
Applications are made to a course and a first choice of campus. If the course is oversubscribed at your first choice you will be automatically considered for alternative sites and may be made an offer without a further application.
I've applied — what happens next?
When you apply you will receive an automated email confirming that we have received your application and will be in contact as per the following stages:
- Selection will be by qualifications, possible interview and reference
- Proof of qualifications must be supplied before an offer can be made
- Interviews, where required will take place within four weeks of applying.
You will be informed of the outcome of the selection process by email within 14
working days of the interview.
Once an offer is received, you must reply within 14 working days or risk losing your
Once you have accepted your offer, you will be sent further information such as start
date, induction and funding information.