- Cardonald Campus
- SCQF Level
- Start Date & time
- Various start dates
- Qualification Type
- Other advanced qual
- Course Type
- 6 days / 12 evenings (one per week) plus project due 3 months from start date
One of the most advanced electrical training courses for experienced electricians, the City & Guilds - Design, Erection and Verification of Electrical Installations (2396-01) is a part time commercial training course which provides the opportunity to become formally certificated in the Design, Erection and Verification of Electrical Installations.
Next course starts Tuesday 31 October @ 9:00am (one day per week for 6 weeks plus 3 month project).
Register your interest by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Places are allocated on a first come first serve basis on receipt of course fees.
What will I learn?
Aimed at qualified electricians who hold the current Wiring Regulations certificate - 18th Edition (2nd amendment recommended) and have practical experience in the inspection and testing of electrical installation, this course covers installation and design focusing on the implications of the Wiring Regulations for the design and erection of new electrical installations.
It also includes in-depth circuit design calculations to the 18th Edition and provides a comprehensive understanding of circuit design and verification. This, in turn, will provide you with the aptitude and confidence to design installations.
Course delivered in accordance with:
- Guidance Note 1: Selection & Erection
- IET On-Site Guide BS:7671
- 18th Edition Wiring Regulations (BS:7671)
- Guidance Note 3: Inspection & Testing
*Guidance Note 1 and the IET On site Guide are included in the course fee. Delegates are requested to bring their own 18th Edition Wiring Regulations (BS7671) and Guidance Note 3.
Additional attendance required out with the training sessions:
- National Written Exam (set and marked by City &
Guilds - where possible we try to deliver the training to coincide with the exam)
- Distance Learning Project (design of a 3 phase commercial grade property in own time). Fundamental IT skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office are essential to support completion of the project.
There are various funding options you or your company may be eligible for (specific criteria applies):
- Individual Training Account (via Skills Development Scotland)
- Enhanced Learning Credits (ex and current Armed Services Personnel)
- Flexible Workforce Development Funding (FWDF) (businesses)
This part time commercial training course does not meet the criteria for SAAS funding or Fee Waivers.
The College has a student funding department for further funding / financial advice and support while making enquires and for the duration of the training course - email@example.com
Where no dates are listed above please contact the team on the details below to register your interest for future courses.
Entry requirements (minimum)
Entrants must be 18+ year of age and have:
- A certification which demonstrates understanding of the current Wiring Regulations BS7671 (18th Edition)
- An Inspection and Testing certificate
- Demonstratable electrical industry experience
- Knowledge and familiarity Microsoft Office 365 (essential for project)
These entry requirements are stipulated by the College as per recommendations from City & Guilds to ensure candidates have the potential and opportunity to successfully complete the course.
Where entry requirements are not demonstrated your place on the course maybe subject to review.
Jobs and further study
On completion of this course candidates will be able to confidently design, erect and verifiy electrical installations.
Making an application
For courses starting in August, you can make up to two applications.
Applications are made to a course and a first choice of campus. If the course is oversubscribed at your first choice you will be automatically considered for alternative sites and may be made an offer without a further application.