- Cardonald Campus
- SCQF Level
- Start Date
- 23 Jan 2023
- Qualification Type
- Course Type
- Short Full-Time
- 18 Weeks January to June
The Access to HND Fashion and Textiles is a creative and technical based course designed to develop the knowledge and skills required for entry into one of our Fashion and Textiles courses. It allows you to build a creative portfolio and experience the exciting opportunities that a career within Fashion and Textiles can offer you. It is taught by a dedicated team of staff with a breadth of experience within the Creative Industries.
What will I learn?
The course will introduce you to all aspects of Fashion and Textiles. Starting with drawing, research, and design development, whilst gaining an understanding of both pattern cutting and garment construction techniques and an introduction to sewing machines. Textile skills including print, weave, and embroidery will also be introduced to you within our excellent facilities which are equipped to industry standards. Throughout the course you will build your communication skills and develop an understanding of the different career opportunities available through studying on a creative course.
- Drawing for design development
- Creative textile development
- Introduction to pattern cutting and introduction to sewing
- Fashion illustration
- Sketchbook development
Watch our 2021/2022 fashion show Altered Atelier.
Entry requirements (minimum)
A detailed personal statement, which should explain why you wish to pursue a programme of study relating to Fashion and Textiles. It should include any previous experience in this field and demonstrate an interest in the subject matter.
Employer and industry links
Within the School of Fashion and Textiles we engage extensively with industry to ensure that the skills taught are relevant and essential to a career within the Creative Industries.
Jobs and further study
Students who show an aptitude and display advanced skills on the course will be encouraged to apply for progression to one of our HND courses:
- HND Fashion Design
- HND Fashion Technology
- HND Fashion Textiles
If a student needs more time to develop their skills, they would be encouraged to progress to the Foundation in Fashion and Textiles course to develop their skillls.
When you apply:
You will receive an automated email confirming that we have received your application
and will be in contact as per the following stages:
- No interview will take place, but all applicants will get an offer of a place subject to a suitable application and personal statement containing details about why you are suitable for the course.
- You will be required to view the course presentation in the link below in advance of accepting an offer to ensure that the course content is suitable for you. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5oFE6VQNcs
- Once an offer is received you must reply within 10 working days or risk losing your place.
- Once you have accepted your offer, you will be sent further information e.g. Student Funding, Joining Instructions, materials, Induction date and timetable.