This SVQ Level 2 Horticulture course is designed for those employed in the horticulture or landscape Industry at a craft level. You will attend college one day per week to enhance practical techniques and skills and develop theoretical knowledge.
What will I learn?
- How to establish and maintain a range of outdoor plants
- Basic maintenance of horticultural machinery
- How to assess site requirements
- How to organise resources and work schedules
- How to maintain amenity turf
- Health and safety legislation
Please note that due to the impact of COVID-19, this course will be delivered via a blended learning approach - which may include limited face-to-face learning on campus combined with remote learning off-campus and digital learning approaches. If and when delivery is taking place on-campus, there will be reduced student numbers and physical distancing measures in place. If you require any support in learning digitally please inform the Course Leader or Student Support team.
Jobs and further study
- SVQ level 3 Parks Gardens and Green Space
Making an application
For courses starting in August, you can make up to two applications.
Applications are made to a course and a first choice of campus. If the course is oversubscribed at your first choice you will be automatically considered for alternative sites and may be made an offer without a further application.
When you apply
You will receive an automated email confirming that we have received your
application and we will be in contact as per the following stages:
- selection will be based on a reference from your employer saying that you are suitable and capable of undertaking this course.
- you will be invited to attend an information session.
You will be informed of the outcome by email within 10 working days after a suitable reference is received from your employer, confirming your suitability and that you can be released from work one day per week to attend college.
Once an offer is received you must reply within 10 working days or risk losing your place.
Once you have accepted your offer, you will be sent further details such as start date, induction date and funding information.