SVQ Level 2 Horticulture (Day Release)
This course is suitable if you already work in horticulture and landscaping and would like to develop your knowledge and skills to a higher level. It is mainly work-based with college attendance to enhance theory, practical techniques and skills.
What will I learn?
- how to establish and maintain a range of outdoor plants
- basic maintenance of horticultural machinery
- how to assess site requirements
- how to organise resources and work schedules
- how to maintain amenity turf
- health and safety legislation.
Jobs and further study
- SVQ level 3 Parks Gardens and Green Space.
Entry requirements (minimum)
- this course has no formal entry requirements
- you must be employed within a horticultural setting
- a reference from your employer.
- If you do not meet the entry criteria for your chosen course, you may be offered an alternative course in the same subject area.
Making an application
For courses starting in August, you can make up to two applications.
Applications are made to a course and a first choice of campus. If the course is oversubscribed at your first choice you will be automatically considered for alternative sites and may be made an offer without a further application.
When you apply
You will receive an automated email confirming that we have received your
application and we will be in contact as per the following stages:
- selection will be based on a reference from your employer saying that you are suitable and capable of undertaking this course.
- you will be invited to attend an information session.
You will be informed of the outcome by email within 10 working days after a suitable reference is received from your employer, confirming your suitability and that you can be released from work one day per week to attend college.
Once an offer is received you must reply within 10 working days or risk losing your place.
Once you have accepted your offer, you will be sent further details such as start date, induction date and funding information.