The Prince's Trust, 12 week programme, can help you if you are 16-25 unemployed and looking for something new.
You would be joining a group of up to 15 other young people to gain new skills, make new friends and improve your job prospects. There is no cost and it will not affect your Jobseeker's Allowance.
What will I learn?
If you sign up for the Team programme, you will be involved in a range of projects and activities. Amongst other things you will:
- Take on community project of your choosing
- Get two weeks' work experience in a field you are interested in
- Take part in an exciting team challenge
What's in it for me?
- Gain new skills and qualifications
- Mix with new people and make new friends
- There is no cost and you will not lose your benefits
- A better chance of moving into a job, education or training
- Help with job-hunting and writing your CV
- The chance to make a difference in your community
- In addition, and most importantly - A big boost to your confidence and a real sense of achievement.
Please note that due to the impact of COVID-19, this course will be delivered via a blended learning approach - which may include limited face-to-face learning on campus combined with remote learning off-campus and digital learning approaches. If and when delivery is taking place on-campus, there will be reduced student numbers and physical distancing measures in place. If you require any support in learning digitally please inform the Course Leader or Student Support team.
Entry requirements (minimum)
- you must attend an interview
- you must also be able to commit to 12 weeks of full-time learning.
Employer and industry links
Opportunities to develop and contribute to projects that expand knowledge of potential career paths, local charities and organisations.
You will develop employability links through programme activities to understand career paths and help plan progression routes.
Jobs and further study
- Successfully completing the Prince's Trust Team Programme guarantees an interview for progression to further study at Glasgow Clyde College.
When you apply:
You will receive an automated email confirming that we have received your application and will be in contact as per the following stages:
One-to-one interview with Prince’s Trust Team Leader
You will be informed of the outcome of your interview by email, or letter if you have applied using a support service email address, within two weeks of your interview.
You will either receive:
An unconditional place: You have met all the entry requirements and your place is guaranteed
You are either not ready for college or the course is not suitable. In this instance we will contact you to discuss alternative options which may be available to you.
You will be informed of the outcome of your interview by email or letter if you have applied using a support service email address within two weeks of your interview.
Once an offer is received you must reply within 10 working days or risk losing your place.
If a place is unavailable at your campus of first choice, you may be offered a place at one of our other campuses and you must respond to this within the timescale above.
Once you have accepted your offer, you will be sent further information e.g. Student Funding, Joining Instructions, Kit List, Induction date.