- Cardonald Campus
- SCQF Level
- Start Date
- 24 Aug 2020
- Qualification Type
- Course Type
- 1 Year
This course is ideal if you have recently left school and you would like to build your confidence.
This course will help you make the transition from school to further education or other appropriate progression routes by developing your social, practical and independence skills.
What will I learn?
You will develop employability skills through a wide range of subjects and you will receive guidance and support to develop your own Personal Learning and Support Plan, which will be tailored to your needs and goals.
- Communication and media studies
- Numeracy and personal finance
- Building positive relationships
- Information technology
- Travel and leisure activities
- Healthy living
- Cooking skills
- Environmental issues
- Preparation for adulthood
- Fit for life
- Employability skills.
You can apply for financial help in the form of a bursary
Attendance: 16.5 hours per week.
Jobs and further study
- Other college courses
- Supported employment.
Please note: Progression into Year 2 is dependent on successful completion of Year 1.
Entry requirements (minimum)
- Evidence of SQA qualifications at SCQF Level 2 in all subject areas
- you must have the ability to engage and participate at the level required for this course (as evidenced at the selection day)
- you must also be able to demonstrate your ability to work independently and with others.
- If you do not meet the entry criteria for your chosen course, you may be offered an alternative course in the same subject area.
How to apply
To apply for this course, please complete an application form in the tab below and email it to email@example.com or post it to:
Glasgow Clyde College
You will receive a letter confirming that we have we have received your application.
If you meet the entry criteria, you will be invited to an interview. The interview includes a core skills profile and group activity.
Interviews will take place between March and June.
You will be informed of the outcome of the interview within 15 working days. If a place is unavailable at your campus of
If a place is unavailable at your first choice of campus, you may be offered a place at one of our other campuses and you must respond to this within the timescale above.Once you have accepted your offer, you will be sent further information e.g. Student Funding,
Once you have accepted your offer, you will be sent further details such as joining instructions, induction date and funding information. You will also be invited into the college for an Induction Event – these events will take place in
You will also be invited to attend an induction event – these events will take place in