- Anniesland Campus
- SCQF Level
- Start Date
- 23 Aug 2021
- Qualification Type
- Course Type
- 18 weeks (August to January)
Applications will open in January 2022.
Are you an adult wanting to return to education? Our NQ Adult Return to study course will help you refresh your basic skills, improve confidence levels and access careers guidance, before applying for further education.
What will I learn?
- ICT / Administration
- Working with others
- Problem solving.
You will also have the opportunity to undertake projects and develop the essential skills required to successfully progress to further study or employment.
A personal development and guidance class is included in the course, providing one-to-one support, to help you progress and meet your full potential. You will also be given support, advice and guidance in planning your future education and career path.
Entry requirements (minimum)
This course has no formal entry requirements, however, it is expected that you will have been out of full-time education for a number of years, have relevant life experience and be ready to work towards SCQF level 4 qualifications.
Employer and industry links
You will have opportunities to develop and contribute to projects that expand your knowledge of potential career paths, local charities and organisations.
Jobs and further study
Previous students have progressed to courses in media, social sciences, design, IT, business, social care, health care, beauty, hairdressing, early education and child care.
Making an application
For courses starting in August, you can make up to two applications.
Applications are made to a course and a first choice of campus. If the course is oversubscribed at your first choice you will be automatically considered for alternative sites and may be made an offer without a further application.
You will receive an automated email confirming that we have received your application and will be in contact as per the following stages:
- You should complete your application form with as much detail as possible, as this information will be used to select interviewees, and then inform the interview process. Selected applicants will be invited to a group information session, followed by a one-to-one interview.
- You will be offered an interview date, and will be invited to a group information session, followed by a one-to-one interview. In some campuses, this process may be by one-to-one interview only. If you have been asked to provide a reference, you should bring this reference to the interview.
- Interviews for this course will begin in February.
- You will be informed of the selection decision within 10 working days of the interview. If you have been offered an ‘unconditional’ place, you must accept this within 10 days. If you have been offered a ‘conditional’ place, the letter will detail the conditions you have to meet.
- Once an offer is received you must accept within 10 working days or risk losing your place.
- If a place is unavailable at your campus of first choice, you may be offered a place at one of our other campuses and you must respond to this within the timescale above.