- Cardonald Campus
- SCQF Level
- Start Date
- 26 Aug 2019
- Qualification Type
- Course Type
- 1 Year (August to June)
Applications for this course are now full. Applications for August 2020 open in January.
This NQ Hairdressing with Make-up Skills course will provide you with hands-on skills and theoretical knowledge of all aspects of hairdressing. You'll learn a wide range of hairdressing skills and techniques, gaining practical experience along the way.
What will I learn?
- Shampooing, Conditioning and Scalp Massage
- Blow Drying Techniques
- Ladies Hairdressing: Basic Cutting Categories
- Mix, Apply and Remove Hair Colour
- Fashion Make-up Skills
Employer and industry links
The department has strong links with industry and you will be encouraged to take up salon work during your course to gain industry insight and knowledge.
Jobs and further study
- NQ Hairdressing - Level 6
Entry requirements (minimum)
- You must be 16 years or over before course start date
- No formal entry requirements - suitability for the course will be determined by an interview, a written test and a practical skills test. Those not deemed suitable will be offered advice on how to apply for alternative courses.
Making an application
For courses starting in August, you can make up to two applications.
Applications are made to a course and a first choice of campus. If the course is oversubscribed at your first choice you will be automatically considered for alternative sites and may be made an offer without a further application.
When you apply:
You will receive an automated email confirming that we have received your application and will be in contact as per the following stages:
You will be invited to an information session. This session may last up to two hours.
At this stage you will be given:
- course content
- interview, written task and practical skills test
- a department tour
You must bring:
- photocopied proof of qualifications held or pending (for example, if you are still at school)
It is essential that you bring these in order to move on to next stage.
You need to successfully pass both the written task and practical test, as well as the interview to be offered a place.
Interviews will take place between February and August 2019.
Outcomes will be sent by email within 10 working days of the interview.
Once an offer is received, you must reply within 10 working days or risk losing your place.
If a place is unavailable at your campus of choice, you may be offered a place at one of our other campuses and you must respond to this within the timescale above.
Once you have accepted your offer, you will be sent further information such as student funding, joining instructions, uniform order form, induction dates and timetable. These will be emailed in July 2019.