- Anniesland Campus
- SCQF Level
- Start Date
- 23 Aug 2021
- Qualification Type
- Other non-advanced qual
- Course Type
- 1 Year (August to June)
applications are closed.
This City & Guilds Diploma in Introduction to Vehicle Systems Maintenance course will equip you with the knowledge and skills required for jobs in the automotive engineering industry. This provides an alternative study route if you wish to gain a recognised qualification but don't have access to study for an SVQ.
What will I learn?
- Vehicle engine lubrication systems
- Vehicle engine cooling systems
- Vehicle fuel and exhaust systems
- Vehicle spark ignition systems
- Vehicle electrical systems
- Vehicle braking systems
- Vehicle transmission systems
- Vehicle steering and suspension systems
- Vehicle wheel and tyre systems
- Vehicle hand skills and manufacturing
- Personal development: self and work
Please note that due to the impact of COVID-19, this course will be delivered via a blended learning approach - which may include limited face-to-face learning on campus combined with remote learning off-campus and digital learning approaches. If and when delivery is taking place on-campus, there will be reduced student numbers and physical distancing measures in place. If you require any support in learning digitally please inform the Course Leader or Student Support team.
Entry requirements (minimum)
- We will consider your application if you have relevant work experience but no qualifications.
If you do not meet the entry criteria for your chosen course, you may be offered an alternative course in the same subject area.
Employer and industry links
Glasgow Clyde College work in partnership with a significant number of automotive employers and are seen as the automotive engineering college of choice within the Greater Glasgow area. These partnerships provide opportunities for industrial visits, student placements and industry talks as well as providing opportunities for students to progress into employment. Due to these excellent links, the College is continually at the forefront of technological advances with continual investment in its state-of-the-art engineering facilities which provide students with a sector leading learning experience.
Jobs and further study
- Level 2 Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- Automotive apprenticeship
- You will have the potential to move on to jobs in the automotive industry.
Making an application
For courses starting in August, you can make up to two applications.
Applications are made to a course and a first choice of campus. If the course is oversubscribed at your first choice you will be automatically considered for alternative sites and may be made an offer without a further application.
When you apply
You will receive an automated email confirming that we have received your application and we will be in contact as per the following stages:
An interview and aptitude test
You will be invited to attend an interview from February onwards. Please bring your qualifications, references and photographic ID with you.
An aptitude test, to test your numeracy and mechanical comprehension, is part of the interview.
Interviews will take place between February and June.
Additional interviews may take place in August.
You will be informed by email of the outcome within three weeks after your interview. There are four possible outcomes:
- unconditional offer: you have met all the entry requirements and your place is guaranteed
- conditional offer: your place is secured pending meeting the entry requirements
- waiting list: you have met all entry requirements, however, the course is full. If any spaces become available you may be contacted usually around about the course start date
Once an offer is received, you must respond within 10 working days or you risk losing your place.
If a place is unavailable at your first choice of campus, you may be offered a place at one of our other campuses.
Once you have accepted your offer of a place, you will be sent further information, such as funding information, and an induction date.