- Langside Campus
- SCQF Level
- Start Date
- 28 Aug 2023
- Qualification Type
- Course Type
- Short Full-Time
- 18 weeks (August to January)
Applications open January 2024
NQ Beauty with Make-up Artistry - Fast Track course is an exciting introduction to prepare you for work in the Beauty or Make-up industry, or entry to higher level courses. It offers a wide range of cosmetic application techniques designed to develop your creative flair.
What will I learn?
During this Make Up Artistry Course you will develop creative skills in the application of various make-up techniques and learn the basic skills in face and nail treatments and related subjects to NQ Level 5.
Entry requirements (minimum)
- You must be 16 years or over before the course start date AND have;
- Three National 4s (including English) or equivalent; OR
- NPA Cosmetology; OR
- VTCT Level 2 or 3 Complementary Therapies; OR
- If you don't have formal qualifications but have relevant life and/or work experience, your application will still be considered.
- If you do not meet the entry criteria for your chosen course, you may be offered an alternative course in the same subject area.
Employer and industry links
There are opportunities to assist within the drama and fashion departments to enhance make-up artistry skills as well as taking part in training events/workshops from prestigious make-up brands.
Work experience will be undertaken within Beauty with a Conscience on Battlefield Road, adjacent to the Langside Campus.
Jobs and further study
- Employment in make-up counters, beauty salons or freelance make-up work
- NQ Spa Therapist with Complementary Therapies (Level 6 and 7)
- NQ Beauty Care and Make-up (Level 6)
- HNC/HND Beauty Therapy
- Progression to another further education course
Making an application
For courses starting in August, you can make up to two applications.
Applications are made to a course and a first choice of campus. If the course is oversubscribed at your first choice you will be automatically considered for alternative sites and may be made an offer without a further application.
When you apply:
You will receive an automated email confirming that we have received your application (remember to check your junk/SPAM folder if you do not hear from us).
You will be invited to an information session on campus, followed by an interview.
At this stage, you will be given:
- course content
- a departmental tour
- instructions to request Additional Learning Support if required, for example, a scribe for written test.
You must supply:
- proof of qualifications held or pending (for example, if you're still at school). These should be emailed to email@example.com
It is essential that you supply these items in order to move on to the next stage.
If successful, you will be offered;
- a conditional place (if awaiting school qualifications) or
- an unconditional place.
You should respond to the offer quickly to secure a place.
Once an offer is received, you must reply within 14 days or risk losing your place.
Once you have accepted your offer, you will be sent further information e.g. student funding, joining instructions, and induction date.