- Langside Campus
- SCQF Level
- Start Date
- 23 Aug 2021
- Qualification Type
- Course Type
- Short Full-Time
- 19 weeks
Course closed. Applications reopen in January 2022
NQ Beauty with Make-up Artistry - Fast Track (Level 5) prepares you for work in the Beauty or Make-up industry. It offers a wide range of cosmetic application techniques designed to your creative flair.
You will develop creative skills in the application of make-up and learn the basic skills in beauty therapy to progress to further study.
What will I learn?
- Fantasy make-up
- Beauty: drawing and colouring design skills
- Facial skin care
- Day make-up and basic corrective make-up
- Bridal and evening make-up
- Nail art
- Portfolio presentation.
Please note that due to the impact of COVID-19, this course will be delivered via a blended learning approach - which may include limited face-to-face learning on campus combined with remote learning off-campus and digital learning approaches. If and when delivery is taking place on-campus, there will be reduced student numbers and physical distancing measures in place. If you require any support in learning digitally please inform the Course Leader or Student Support team.
Entry requirements (minimum)
- You must be 16 years or over before the course start date
- Three National 4s (including English) or equivalent
- NPA Cosmetology
- VTCT Level 2 or 3 Complementary Therapies
- If you don't have formal qualifications but have relevant life and/or work experience, your application will still be considered.
- If you do not meet the entry criteria for your chosen course, you may be offered an alternative course in the same subject area.
Employer and industry links
There are opportunities to assist within the drama and fashion departments to enhance make-up artisitry skills as well as training events/workshops from prestigious make-up brands such as Gerrards Mii make-up.
Work experience will be undertaken within Beauty with a Conscience on Battlefield Road, adjacent to the Langside Campus.
Jobs and further study
- Employment in make-up counters, beauty salons or freelance make-up work
- NQ Spa Therapist with Complementary Therapies (Level 6 and 7)
- NQ Beauty Care and Make-up (Level 6)
- NQ Spa and Holistic Therapies
- HNC/HND Beauty Therapy
- Progression onto another further education course
Making an application
For courses starting in August, you can make up to two applications.
Applications are made to a course and a first choice of campus. If the course is oversubscribed at your first choice you will be automatically considered for alternative sites and may be made an offer without a further application.
When you apply:
You will receive an automated email confirming that we have received your application.
Recruitment for this course is in two stages:
You will be invited to a virtual information session on Microsoft Teams.
At this stage you will be given:
- course content
- a virtual departmental tour will be scheduled
- instructions to request Additional Learning Support if required, for example, a scribe for written test.
You must supply:
- proof of qualifications held or pending (for example, if you're still at school). These should be emailed to email@example.com
It is essential that you supply these items in order to move on to next stage.
You will be invited to, via Microsoft Teams:
- a one-to-one interview
If successful, you will be offered;
- a conditional place (if awaiting school qualifications) or
- an unconditional place.
You should respond to the offer quickly to secure a place.
Once an offer is received, you must reply within 10 working days or risk losing your place.
Once you have accepted your offer, you will be sent further information e.g. student funding, joining instructions, induction date.