SVQ Social Services (Children and Young People) Level 9
- Langside Campus
- SCQF Level
- Start Date
- Various start dates
- Qualification Type
- Course Type
- 1 Year
This SVQ Social Services (Children and Young People) Level 9 course is ideal for you if you work in residential, day or home care settings, family support, nursery or education settings, and are involved in a broad range of complex, technical or professional work activities. Your current job will be performed in a wide variety of contexts and with a substantial degree of personal responsibility and autonomy. You will often be responsible for the work of others and for allocating resources. Your job title may be Assistant Manager, Depute Manager or Manager.
What will I learn?
- Maintain Effective Communication Systems and Practices
- Promote Health, Safety and Security
- Lead Practice that Promotes the Safeguarding of Children and Young People
- Develop Your Own Knowledge and Practice through Reflection and Learning
- Four optional units to be selected.
There will be on-site assessment and you will be required to compile a portfolio of evidence.
This course has flexible start dates.
Jobs and further study
- this course may provide evidence or underpinning knowledge for further leadership and management qualifications, such as the PDA in Childhood Practice at SCQF Level 9
- you may be able to register with the Scottish Social Services Council as a Lead Practitioner/Manager and must be in employment in a leadership or management role
Entry requirements (minimum)
- You must be employed within Social Services, Social Care, Childcare or Education at a senior level to enrol on this course.
- you must be in employment within Social Services, Social Care, Childcare or Education at senior level
- your current job role must include a range of complex, primarily non routine tasks for which you have considerable responsibility and autonomy.